What is Lopressor for
A:A lopressor is a beta blocker used in treating hypertension and angina and arrhythmia and acute myocardial infarction. ChaCha Away [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-lopressor-for ]
More Answers to “What is Lopressor for“
- Lopressor is an oral beta-blocker. It helps the heart beat a bit more regularly which will reduce stress on it. You may need to take it if you have high blood pressure.
- Lopressor, a type of medication known as a beta blocker, is used in the treatment of high blood pressure, angina pectoris (chest pain, usually caused by lack of oxygen to the heart due to clogged arteries), and heart attack
- Lopressor is a medication known as beta-blocker that is used to treat high blood pressure, chest pain (angina), and heart attack.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- what is the medication simvistatin used for, also Lopressor & Tricor?
- A: All are used to lower cholesterol & triglycerides.
- Is anyone familiar with Lopressor (Metaprolol)?
- Q: I take Lopressor, but I only take a small amount. It was given to me after an ER visit with Tachycardia. I have been observing my blood pressure lately and noticed it is high. 142/98 last week. I am only taking 25mg twice a day. Is this enough? What is the usual dosage for a 29yo female who weighs 230lbs?
- A: Lopressor is primarily used to control heart rate (make it beat not too fast). It has the advantage that it can lower high BP. They often add another BP med (one used for BP) to control it better.Talk to your doctor at the next appointment or make another one to see him/her.Cut out salt and cut down on caffeine in your diet, try to eat healthy and get more exercise, this will lower your BP naturally. IF you smoke this can increase BP.
- what is this medacine for lopressor?
- A: Lopressor is a drug.Lopressor, a type of medication known as a beta blocker, is used in the treatment of high blood pressure, angina pectoris (chest pain, usually caused by lack of oxygen to the heart due to clogged arteries), and heart attack. When prescribed for high blood pressure, it is effective when used alone or in combination with other high blood pressure medications. Beta blockers decrease the force and rate of heart contractions, thereby reducing the demand for oxygen and lowering blood pressure. Occasionally doctors prescribe Lopressor for the treatment of aggressive behavior, prevention of migraine headache, and relief of temporary anxiety. An extended-release form of this drug, called Toprol-XL, is prescribed for high blood pressure, angina, and heart failure.