When people go unconscious from carbon monoxide from smoke or a faulty gas appliance or deliberately in a car?

Q:why is it that sometimes they can be revived when brought out into the fresh air and sometimes they can’t?
More Answers to “When people go unconscious from carbon monoxide from smoke or a faulty gas appliance or deliberately in a car?
It depends on how long they had been exposed to the carbon monoxide. The longer the exposure the worse off they will be.
Carbon monoxide sticks to the red blood cells preventing oxygen from binding to it so if enough blood is prevented from carrying oxygen around the body you cannot be revived
It depends on how much fumes they have inhaled, how strong that person is, how fit they are, how healthy, all these factors contribute to a persons well being and if they recover or not,
It depends how long they have been unconcious and how much their brain has been damaged.They will pass out through lack of oxygen to the brain, as the blood absobs CO more easily than Oxygen.Then, as the brain is starved of oxygen for longer, their bodily functions will stop.The longer this happens, the less chance there is of being re-vived.
it depends how long they have been inhaling this very dangerous but un-detected fuel. (it has no smell) There is several stages as to how it affects the body; When someone has been exposed for a long time, it fills their lungs, so even when inhaling fresh air they have breath out the excess of the carbon monoxide. Then once there is a continual flow of carbon monoxide in the lungs, it can cause difficulting breathing and therfore brain damage. in some cases, the body cant handle the amount of carbon monoxide in it and tries to clear the airways by vomitting, but unfortunately when the casualty is unconcious, releasing this vomit is not as easy as the body intends, and this is a common factor that plays a role in carbon monoxide poisoning. Remember that it will affect small children quicker then an adult, due to the size of the internal organs, making the process quicker. Sad, but very true.
It depends how much CO they have absorbed. People absorb it at different degrees. For example people can all drink the same amunt of alcohol and some become drunk quicker than others.
Depends on how long the brain has been without oxygen.Also the amount of CO in their system.It replaces the oxygen in your bloodstream.
it depends on how long they have been exposed to the toxic gases and how much they have inhaled. if someone can get to them quickly, they have a better chance of living, if the rescuer has good first aid skills. it probably depends on their general health and resilience too. The children in the corfu hotel died, but the adults survived it, even though they were all probably victims around the same time.
People also view

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *