Does aspertame cause cancer
Diet soda lovers may be able to sip a little easier, thanks to a new study that shows that the artificial sweetener aspartame does not raise the risk of cancer. Thanks for asking and Keep On ChaCha’ing! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/does-aspertame-cause-cancer ]
More Answers to “Does aspertame cause cancer“
- Aspartame is a low-calorie artificial sweetener that is about 200 times sweeter than sugar. Current evidence does not show any link between aspartame use and increased cancer risk. People with the genetic disorder known as phenylketonuria s…
- No, definitely not. Aspartame is a remarkably safe product. Scores of tests at enormous doses with various species of animals have proven that aspartame is safe — both before and after aspartame’s approval by the FDA.
- No. Aspartame is a type of sweetener used in many diet products as a substitute for sugar. There is a common misconception that aspartame causes cancer. In fact, there are hundreds of studies to show that the amount of aspartame in our food…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- does aspertame cause cancer?
- A: Does Aspartame Really Cause Cancer?Researchers in Italy recently published a study demonstrating that aspartame causes cancer in animals. It showed increased incidence of malignant tumors, lymphomas, leukemias, and cancers of the kidney and nerves.http://www.healthiertalk.com/does-aspartame-really-cause-cancer-0294
- Can aspertame cause cancer?
- A: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/07/28/health/webmd/main712605.shtmlcheck out this web site it says yes.
- Crystal Light- Is there an alternative without aspertame?
- Q: I love Crystal Light. I drink it like every day…. But I don’t like the fact that it has Aspertame. For 1- it causes cancer. And 2- You can taste the Aspertame in it, and its not so nice.I’m looking for something like Crystal like (That comes in little packets I can put into my water bottle) It can have sugar, thats fine with me. I am located in Canada.. Thanks.
- A: I’m not sure if they have this in Canada, but Lipton’s Tea makes on the go packets that have Sucralose, which is Splenda, included in them. The same with the Propel mix-ins. I enjoy both of those and they don’t taste nearly as “artificial” as Crystal Light does.Enjoy!