Does drinking alcohol reduce the effects of antibiotics
Rarely, alcohol can reduce the effectiveness of certain antibiotics such as doxycycline (Vibramycin, Doryx). [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/does-drinking-alcohol-reduce-the-effects-of-antibiotics ]
More Answers to “Does drinking alcohol reduce the effects of antibiotics“
- Is it true that drinking alcohol while taking antibiotics will ne…?
- Alcohol breaks down in the system when it is metabolised by the cells in the liver, these cells use fats to react with the alcohol to destroy it (alcohol is after all is said and done a poison used by certain microorganisms to kill off comp…
- What are the effects of drinking alcohol while taking antibiotics…?
- It’s no wonder that you are confused—there’s no one simple answer to your question. While health care providers don’t think it will “kill you to have a glass of wine now and then,” many do caution against drinking while taking a…
- What it the effect of drinking alcohol on antibiotics??
- The alcohol messes up the metabolism of the antibiotics so that they go out of your system very fast, so its almost like you’re not taking the antibiotic at all and then you end up not getting better, even if you took all your meds.