How do you avoid having gas
Tips to avoid gas include eating slower, drink fewer carbonated drinks, limit chewing gum and hard candies. Limit gas causing foods like cauliflower, cabbage, beans and carbohydrates such as sugar, starches and fiber. ChaCha again soon! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-you-avoid-having-gas ]
More Answers to “How do you avoid having gas“
- How can I avoid “slamming” – having my gas supplier cha…?
- To help avoid unauthorized switching, don’t disclose any specific account information (i.e. account number and/or meter number) to a supplier until you agree to switch. Your Michigan Gas Utilities bill will show the supplier’s name and phon…
- Does a mom need to watch everything she eats to avoid having a ga…?
- The idea that certain foods in any mom’s diet will cause gas in her baby is incredibly persistent but is not founded in research. If certain foods in moms’ diets were an overall problem for most babies, we would expect that cultures that em…
- How to Avoid Having Your Gas Cut Off
- With gas that could be a real problem, as many people now have gas-fired central heating, and use it for cooking too. Keep Debtors Informed The advice to people who are falling behind with payments for anything is to … Only when they ha…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What are some ways to avoid having bad gas?
- Q: I neeeed to find a way to avoid having bad gas… i’ve tried changing my diet…. but still i get bad gas. I don’t mind it if i’m by myself… but i’m never by myself and i hear my friends telling jokes about it… please help
- A: Cut a small piece of ginger and eat it. It works and it’s natural.
- How do you avoid having gas when dieting or cutting back on eating?
- Q: Now drinking more water and exercising and eating less, but with flatulence as a side effect.
- A: eat more fruit and veggies, you’re stomach is empty, fill it up with healthy stuff that wont stop you up and would make your system run more smoothly
- What foods to avoid to prevent from having gas? Please include snacks, cereals etc.?
- Q: I eat fiber cereal, salads and I drink slim fast two to three times a day. No fried foods and soda at all
- A: Broccoli, beans, cabbageWhich foods cause gas?Most foods that contain carbohydrates can cause gas. By contrast, fats and proteins cause little gas.SugarsThe sugars that cause gas are raffinose, lactose, fructose, and sorbitol.RaffinoseBeans contain large amounts of this complex sugar. Smaller amounts are found in cabbage, brussels sprouts, broccoli, asparagus, other vegetables, and whole grains.LactoseLactose is the natural sugar in milk. It is also found in milk products, such as cheese and ice cream, and processed foods, such as bread, cereal, and salad dressing. Many people, particularly those of African, Native American, or Asian background, normally have low levels of the enzyme lactase needed to digest lactose after childhood. Also, as people age, their enzyme levels decrease. As a result, over time people may experience increasing amounts of gas after eating food containing lactose.FructoseFructose is naturally present in onions, artichokes, pears, and wheat. It is also used as a sweetener in some soft drinks and fruit drinks.SorbitolSorbitol is a sugar found naturally in fruits, including apples, pears, peaches, and prunes. It is also used as an artificial sweetener in many dietetic foods and sugarfree candies and gums.StarchesMost starches, including potatoes, corn, noodles, and wheat, produce gas as they are broken down in the large intestine. Rice is the only starch that does not cause gas.FiberMany foods contain soluble and insoluble fiber. Soluble fiber dissolves easily in water and takes on a soft, gel-like texture in the intestines. Found in oat bran, beans, peas, and most fruits, soluble fiber is not broken down until it reaches the large intestine, where digestion causes gas.Insoluble fiber, on the other hand, passes essentially unchanged through the intestines and produces little gas. Wheat bran and some vegetables contain this kind of fiber. –from website cited below