How do you cure strept throat
Oral penicillin V (Pen-Vee-K, Veetids) is the preferred oral form of penicillin for strep throat. ChaCha for more! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-you-cure-strept-throat ]
More Answers to “How do you cure strept throat“
- ･ 1 Avoiding Throat Irritating Smoke and Fumes. If you have a sore throat from strep or any other cause… ･ 2 Knowing When to see Your Doctor. If your sore throat lasts more than three days, the doctor can use… ･ 3 Asking for the Most Ef…
- STREPTOCOCCAL INFECTIONS STREP THROAT is caused by a streptococcal (strep for short) bacterium and is cured by a prescription medication ( antibiotic ), once a throat culture is done by a doctor and the culture shows “positive” fo…
- I could only find one reference for a strep throat home remedy. Strep throat does not respond readily to home remedies, and left untreated can have serious consequences such as rhuematic fever, rheumatic heart disease, and what has commonly…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What is the best cure or medicine to get rid of strept throat? That is not an antibiotic.?
- Q: I am pretty sure I have it. I woke up this morning and my throat was hurting very badly and I could not swallow well. I have not had a cold, been sneezing or coughing for a while, it was out of no where. It has been worsening all through the day the pain is getting worse. I cannot talk without feeling pain and I have been having headaches on and off. So I took ibuprofen.
- A: I had strep 2 times this school year. The last time it turned into rheumatic fever which is a type of strep. If I hadn’t gone to my doctor as quickly as I did, i would have gotten sicker and it would have affected my heart. (a rash occured which is why I went- like you I didn’t want to get an antibiotic if i didn’t have to, but I work with kids a lot so I needed to.) The gargle with salt water solution definetly helps. OTC meds don’t do much for strep except soothe the throat and some other symptoms. You need to keep away from people for a few days to keep from spreading it to others. Check webmd.com for more info.
- I think I have strept throat!?
- Q: I think I have strept throat. I can’t swallow, and I’m very weak. Do you think that I really have strept throat? And what is a cure for it. Or, just to make it feel better! I HATE IT!
- A: you can use warm salt water to gargle with ..it will make it feel better..but if you have strep most likely you are running a fever for which you can take tylenol or advil..but the weakness? a sign that your body is trying to combat a virus/illness..so see your doctor