How does salt heal a canker sore
Salt doesn’t heal a canker sore. It simply provides relief. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-does-salt-heal-a-canker-sore ]
More Answers to “How does salt heal a canker sore“
- Will Pouring Salt Directly On A Canker Sore Help It Heal??
- NO. Salt will just irritate the skin and could cause the canker sore to fester and worsen. If it is a simple canker sore the pain will subside within a few days, and should be healed in a week. To promote faster healing; you can use an anti…
- Does Salt Help Canker Sores?
- Well, i still have a canker sore and it just keeps hurting just dont touch your mouth or try not to let what ever side of the cheek touch the canker sore. It seems like my sore jus hurts after im done with the salt water, by the way dont ga…
- How to Treat a Canker Sore With Salt
- ･ 1 Heat one cup of water in the microwave for one minute, or heat it on the stove top. Let it cool slightly. ･ 2 Add two teaspoons of salt to the water and stir. ･ 3 Put the mixture in your mouth and rinse for two minutes. Be sure that the…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What does salt do to heal canker sores? how does it work?
- Q: I’ve known for a long time that it helps but I don’t know why or how. It just does. How does it help heal them?
- A: Canker sores can have many different causes and knowing which one is most likely causing your canker sore will enable you to heal from it faster. Some causes are stress, hard or crunchy food, food allergies, allergies in general, dental work needing repair, end of menstrual cycle, taking antibiotics or too much acidity in your body. Step2Treatment is usually not necessary in most cases. Doctors say that canker sores will just go away on their own. Step3Prevent canker sores by implementing a wellness program. You can modify your lifestyle, make dietary changes and begin to use supplements to help with this. Step4Eat more yogurt containing live cultures (acidophilus) in it. Yogurt not only adds good bacteria to your mouth but also seems to stimulate the immune system. Step5Rinse your mouth with one of several folk remedies. Such as, aloe juice, antacids like Mylanta, grapefruit seed extract, hydrogen peroxide, plum juice, club soda with salt, tea tree oil and finally warm water with salt. Step6Apply remedies directly to the canker sore. This can also speed the process of healing. Use the preservative alum, baking soda, dimethyl sulfoxide, raw onion, papaya, fresh piece of a sorrel herb, or a tea bag. Step7See your doctor if your canker sore last more than 2 weeks. This is a sign of a more serious condition that needs to be addressed.
- question about canker sore, oragel, and salt?
- Q: ok well i have 2 canker sores right next to each other on the inside of my bottom lip. i havent tried this yet and wanted to ask before i hurt myself like last time i tried salt. i know that oragel is a numbing medicine and ive been using it for 2 days now. if i used the oragel and then used the salt after it numbed, how bad would i feel it? bc i know that salt hurts a LOT bc ive tried it before. i just dont know if the oragel will be enough to make it hurt less. if so does it hurt as much as the oragel? bc it hurts pretty bad at first but then numbs it. thank you! oh and one more thing. before i do the entire thing, salt does heal canker sores faster…right? i didnt know if it was for healing or pain relief. thanks!
- A: I don’t think you should be applying salt on canker sores anyway. Dissolve it in some water and swish it around you mouth instead. That’s probably a lot less painful and better for you. You could try the Orajel method, but keep in mind, Orajel is not very strong, so you’ll probably still be able to feel some pain. Try to eat light foods and keep away from any heavy or greasy foods. Also, take a B complex vitamin. It’ll help heal your sore.
- Will putting salt on my canker sore help it to heal faster?
- Q: I know it’ll hurt like hell but anything to stop this agonizing pain that has been lingering for over a week now.
- A: that sounds painful