If your a hemophiliac how do you stop bleeding
Patients with more serious cases of hemophilia often get regular shots known as clotting factor replacement therapy. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/if-your-a-hemophiliac-how-do-you-stop-bleeding ]
More Answers to “If your a hemophiliac how do you stop bleeding“
- How do doctors stop a hemophiliac from bleeding??
- They administer clotting factor, which differs depending on the type of hemophilia.
- How do they stop the bleeding for hemophiliacs??
- Hemophiliacs are missing a specific coagulation factor in their blood. They give them that factor.
- What is Hemophilia Ontario – Central West Ontario Region’s Biking…?
- A Biking to Stop the Bleeding Event is Hemophilia Ontario – Central West Ontario Region’s exciting 150km biking event around the Niagara Peninsula. Participants will raise pledges through their own networks for our cause.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How do they stop the bleeding for hemophiliacs?
- Q: How do they do it?
- A: Hemophiliacs are missing a specific coagulation factor in their blood. They give them that factor.
- If a severe hemophiliac were to cut their finger and do nothing to stop the bleeding, could they die?
- A: If they have no clotting factors in their blood to stop the bleeding, then yes they would literally bleed to death. They could actually bleed internally from something as simple as a bruise!
- Gashed my knee, won’t stop bleeding.?
- Q: I feel with all my body weight onto the corner of a sharp stone step right on my knee cap. It gashed my knee open and it’s been bleeding slowly for the past 9 hours haha… I can’t get stitches because I have no health insurance, and I’ve tryed bandages and everything… I’m not a hemophiliac either i know that for a fact. What should i do??The only thing I could probably do is do good old homeade stiches haha… I have no money to my name…
- A: STerilize it and cover the wound with super glue and it will effectively close off the wound. You’ll be fine and will never know it’s there. Maybe place a band aid over it in case the wound opens. You should just pour peroxide then rubbing alchol over it. Pat that dry with a sterile gauze pad or even paper towel and then seal it with good old super glue. I know how it sounds but don’t worry it’s completely safe to use on a wound. Let me know how it heals . . . . Also to you might want to up your daily intake of antioxidants and vitamin C to help prevent the outbreak of infection as well.