Is bone tissue a type of connective tissue
Bone tissue is a specialized form of connective tissue and is the main element of the skeletal tissues. ChaCha again! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-bone-tissue-a-type-of-connective-tissue ]
More Answers to “Is bone tissue a type of connective tissue“
- Why is bone considered connective tissue?
- It is because bone has functional and developmental commonality with the class of connective tissues. Like other connective tissues: Bone provides structure and support;. Bone is derived from embryonic mesoderm; Bone contains substantial am…
- What is the connective tissue that connects muscle and bone??
- A tendon (or sinew) is a tough band of fibrous connective tissue that connects muscle to bone or muscle to muscle and is designed to withstand tension. Tendons are similar to ligaments except that ligaments join one bone to another. Tendons…
- Which Connective Tissue Attaches Bones To Bones And Muscles To Bo…?
- I agree with Eeky and want to add that the type of connective tissue that ligaments and tendons are primarily composed of is ‘dense regular connective tissue’.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Which of the following is the most common type of connective tissue in the typical human body?
- Q: fibrous connective tissue adipose tissue loose connective tissue bone loose adipose tissue
- A: 2nd one
- What are any fiber types in connective bone tissue?
- Q: can you describe them?
- A: There are collagen fibers(called ossein fibers in bone) in the intercellular matter of bone tissue. Collagen is a long, fibrous structural protein.
- what are the two connective bone tissue types called?
- A: Fibrous connective tissue (FCT)Such tissues form ligaments and tendons; the majority of the tissue does not contain living cells, the tissue is primary composed of polysaccharides, proteins, and water.The cells of fibrous connective tissue are mostly fibroblasts, irregular, branching cells that secrete strong fibrous proteins as an extracellular matrix. The most commonly secreted protein is collagen which represents one-fourth of all vertebrate protein. Collagen is tough and flexible and gives strength to tissue. Elastin fibers are thinner than collagen fibers and are also secreted by fibroblasts. These protein fibers have longer cross-links than collagen fibers, which gives elastin fibers great elasticity.FCT forms ligaments and tendons which helps holds bones together.I believe that’s the answer.