Is it possible to get headaches from stress
Tension headaches tend to happen again and again, especially if you are under stress. They are not usually a sign of something serious, but they can be very painful and hard to live with. They can last from 30 minutes to several days. ChaCha On! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-it-possible-to-get-headaches-from-stress ]
More Answers to “Is it possible to get headaches from stress“
- Is it possible to get headaches from stress
- Tension headaches tend to happen again and again, especially if you are under stress. They are not usually a sign of something serious, but they can be very painful and hard to live with. They can last from 30 minutes to several days. ChaCh…
- Is It possible to get a tension headache without any stress??
- Yes, because tension in your neck creates the headache. This muscle tension can be aggravated by mental stress however most times it’s simply head and neck position. If you had scoliosis, there most likely already is some shifts of the spin…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- is it possible my headaches are caused by stress?
- Q: that’s the only thing i can connect to them
- A: very possible. many headaches and other opains are caused by stress
- Is it possible to make someone literally feel sick to their stomach from stress?
- Q: I don’t understand how that could work. I’ve been in stressful situations, but never have I experienced a headache, stomach ache, or any other ailments from the stress. Is it appropriate for someone to base their stress levels on how their stomach or head feels?
- A: A death or a loss (say a spouse who leaves you) can cause stomach pain and weight loss and general weakness/illness, so although day to day stress should not result in this, its clear there is a spectrum along which the higher the emotional turmoil the more serious the physiological effects. The mind and the body is very closely linked, this is why heartbroken people can litterally “die of a broken heart”. When i have a very stressful day at work (and i mean very) i get back pain in my lower back, it goes away again when stress levels return to normal.
- Is It possible to get a tension headache without any stress?
- Q: I get a pain that starts from the back of my head where my head and neck meet(back of my head and upper neck). Then it spreads from there to my forehead and it feels like its behind my eyes. This sounds like a tension headache to me but the headaches come when im just watching tv or in class listening to the teacher. I dont feel stressed when they come. What could this be?ya thats true i used to have scoliosis
- A: Yes, because tension in your neck creates the headache. This muscle tension can be aggravated by mental stress however most times it’s simply head and neck position.If you had scoliosis, there most likely already is some shifts of the spine. This more easily causes nerve pressure and muscle imbalance, and in the upper neck can cause headache.Students often get this from the neck strain of constantly looking down at books, reading, studying, writing. Those muscles at the base of the skull are called your occipitals and attach the skull to the 1st couple vertebrae.When I was a full time student, I used to get very tight occipital muscles and would often get headaches. To fix the problem I made sure to see a chiropractor periodically and I also studied and often read with a book upright against something like a bookend. If I was at the library I used to just grab one off of one of the book shelves.Most helpful however was this pillow I use: http://www.tractionneckpillow.com