Is it safe to skip your sugar pills in your birth control pack
Yes, it is safe to skip the placebo pills. They are there so you don’t get out of the habit of taking pills and you’re less likely to forget. It is ok to skip them. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-it-safe-to-skip-your-sugar-pills-in-your-birth-control-pack ]
More Answers to “Is it safe to skip your sugar pills in your birth control pack“
- Is it safe to skip sugar pills on birth control and go right to t…?
- It’s fine. Ever hear of that new pill, seasonale that only gives you 4 periods a year? It’s the same idea. It’s just regular birth control pills with the sugar pills eliminated. You’ll be fine.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is it safe to skip sugar pills on birth control and go right to the next pack?
- Q: Its’ Lo Ovral #28I want to skip my next period.But if my next period happens to start before I get to the next pack should I not bother, or will it actually stop it?And will I still be protected against pregnancy?sorry for all the questionsthanks =]
- A: It’s fine. Ever hear of that new pill, seasonale that only gives you 4 periods a year? It’s the same idea. It’s just regular birth control pills with the sugar pills eliminated. You’ll be fine.
- Is this safe? (birth control)?
- Q: I was wondering if you could skip the sugar pills in your birth control pack and imediately start a new pack. (meaning you dont have a period that month) is this safe? does it work? are there any side effects? and does it make the birth control not work right?Note: i dont want to do this continuesly just like for this month.many are asking why well i will be having final exams next week when im supposed to be on my period. and i have horrible cramps etc and i want to be able to focus on whats in front of me and not on my cramps.
- A: I’ve heard this works when you want to be able to schedule your period, like for a vacation or wedding. Nothing wrong with doing it for a few months….Although I’ve heard you can still have some spotting, which for me kind of defeats the purpose, and is why I’ve never tried it 🙂
- Is it safe to skip my period while I am on Ortho Tri Cylcen?
- Q: I’ve been taken birth control for 7 years now. I am going on vacation in August, the week my period is due. Is it safe to skip the sugar pills in the pack, and just start a whole new pack? And when should i expect to get my period again?
- A: Piggybacking triphasic birth control pills such as Ortho Tri Cyclen is not recommended. Triphasic means the active pills come in 3 different dosages.