Is there any cure for alopecia areata
While there is no cure, there are many treatments for alopecia, such as the topical steroids Diprolene or Temovate and the injectable steroid Celestone. Minoxidil can be taken orally or photochemotherapy can be used. Keep ChaCha-ing! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-there-any-cure-for-alopecia-areata ]
More Answers to “Is there any cure for alopecia areata“
- At present, there is no cure for alopecia areata, although the hair may return by itself. There are various treatments, which are most effective in milder cases, but none are universally effective.
- At present, there is no cure for alopecia areata, although the hair may return by itself. There are various treatments, which are most effective in milder cases, but none are universally effective. While a cure is not imminent, researchers …
- Not much is known as to what causes Alopecia Areata. Currently, there is no cure for the disease. However, since the white blood cells only attack the hair follicles and not the cells producing the hair, it is possible to regrow the hair th…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- is there any cure for alopecia areata?
- A: No, there is no “cure.” There are various “treatments” like oral medication, topical creams and ointments and scalp injections. These are not cures, because they do not work for everyone and they are not permanent.
- What is the best cure for alopecia areata, is it cortisone injections? Is there anywhere in ireland for this?
- A: I am afraid nothing, including intradermal steroid injections has been shown to have any effect on the progress of alopecia areata. Since it is an auto immune condition this is somewhat surprising as steroids do have an effect on most other diseases of this type. The average patch lasts 10-24 months, but additional patches can often develop. The condition does usually burn itself out with the hair regrowing, in all but a few cases.
- Are there any homeopathic cures for Alopecia areata?
- A: try the following:Baldness, hair grow & regrow formula 8 oz. avocado oil30 gram rosemary5 drops peppermint oilmix these three ingredientsyou can either place them in a glass container (heat resistant) and place in an oven for 20 minutes at 300 deg F OR place in a dark colored glass bottle and store a dark place for 6 weeksonce you have completed the above step, strain the oil to remove the rosemary (use cheese cloth or similar cloth and squeeze the extra oil out)once you have strained the oil you can massage one teaspoonful into your scalp three times a daystore the unused portion in a dark colored bottle in a cool dark place (not cold), you can store it for up to 3 monthsalso try:blood tonicBurdock root and Yellow Dock root decoction works by cleansing the blood.