Should a pregnant woman take benadryl
Benadryl has not been adequately evaluated in pregnant women. It should be used only if the benefit outweighs the risks. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/should-a-pregnant-woman-take-benadryl ]
More Answers to “Should a pregnant woman take benadryl“
- Benadryl has not been adequately evaluated in pregnant women. It should be used only if the benefit outweighs the risks.
- My wife has an extreme allergy crisis and she is 10 weeks pregnant. Can she take one regular benadryl table?
- I was told yes, but to take it in small doses, as it can cause preterm labor/delivery. Only take one instead of two.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Can a pregnant woman take Benadryl/antihistamine to treat an allergic reaction or help allergy induced asthma?
- Q: If she is already taking inhaled steroid inhalers, regular inhalers, etc., is there anything else a pregnant woman can take to help allergic asthma and allergic reactions in serious cases? Can she take a small dose of an antihistamine such as Benadryl to help her get relief from symptoms?
- A: Yes, both my midwife and OB said it was okay.Well along with the paramedics when I had an allergic reaction.>.<I have horrible asthma and used my inhaler only when necessary, probably 10-15 times total my entire pregnancy, same with benedryl.I found vicks and a humidifier REALLY helped, especcially in the third trimester, and that way she doesn’t have to take medicine.You can talk to your midwife/OB, but they will probably tell you to weigh the risks/benefits.I know for me, the baby needs oxygen, and when I start to go into anaphlaxes I need to take benedryl.
- I am pregnant and having difficulty sleeping. My doctor told me I can take Benadryl nitely, is it safe?
- Q: I am almost 35 weeks pregnant. I’ve been having difficulty sleeping and my OBGYN told me that I could take Benadryl or Tylenol PM to sleep. I asked her how often is safe, and she told me I could take it everynite. There are always conflicting opinions I am finding from doctors, fellow pregnant woman, and ofcourse online. Just wondering if any one else has been in the same situation, and if so, did you take anything. Thank You!
- A: ur asking yahoo answers because ur not sure of the doctor u just consulted? lol i think doctors supposed to kno better xD
- can pregnant women take benadryl yes or no?
- A: yes, you can take benadryl! it not only works for mild allergies, but the simple little pink ones have the same ingredient that is in many prescription anti-nausea medications. so, if you have a touch of morning sickness, this is a great bonus!!