What antibiotics are prescribed for swine flu
Oseltamivir or Zanamivir is being recommended by the CDC to treat Swine Flu. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-antibiotics-are-prescribed-for-swine-flu ]
More Answers to “What antibiotics are prescribed for swine flu“
- Why do antibiotics not work on swine flu?
- Because antibiotics are for killing bacteria, not viruses. Swine flu is a virus. Both bacteria and viruses are “germs” but they are different types of germs that need different types of medicines to get rid of them. There are anti…
- Do antibiotics work in swine flu?
- Antibiotics won’t work on swine flu because the flu is a virus, and antibiotics only work on bacteria. Fever medicines will help reduce the fever, but they won’t make you get over the flu faster.
- Can you kill the swine flu with antibiotics?
- i watch t.v. ago! i think u could cure it with vaccination for swine flu , well let me guest there a cure for swine flu . u just go visit a doctor to know what antibiotics for it , yes
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How do they test you for the swine flu?
- Q: I’m going to the doctor tomorrow because I’ve been real sick lately and I’m just wondering, (if the doctor tests me for swine flu), how do they test you? I think I may have it and I’m having a lot of difficulty breathing.By the way, can I still smoke cigarettes while on my antibiotic that he prescribes?
- A: The same way they do to check for the flue, PS: that “anti H1N1 shot” is actually a flue worse than the virus itsefl! pretty creepy, huh!
- how to find out symptoms of swine flu?
- Q: My partner suffers from severe sore throat followed with mild fever and body ache since yesterday. Today Doctor prescribed for 5 days course of antibiotics like Wymox etc. and advised to check for relief from fever in a day, if not, to check blood. I am worried, is it could be symptom of swine flu ?
- A: It may not be swine flu, otherwise your doctor would have told and he would not have put them on Antibiotics. However it is better sto be careful and watchful. The symptoms of the H1N1 flu virus in people are similar to the symptoms of seasonal flu and include fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue. A significant number of people who have been infected with novel H1N1 flu virus also have reported diarrhea and vomiting. The high risk groups for novel H1N1 flu are not known at this time, but it’s possible that they may be the same as for seasonal influenza.Emergency Warning SignsIf you become ill and experience any of the following warning signs, seek emergency medical care.In children, emergency warning signs that need urgent medical attention include:1.Fast breathing or trouble breathing2.Bluish or gray skin color3.Not drinking enough fluids4.Severe or persistent vomiting5.Not waking up or not interacting6.Being so irritable that the child does not want to be held7.Flu-like symptoms improve but then return with fever and worse coughIn adults, emergency warning signs that need urgent medical attention include:1.Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath2.Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen3.Sudden dizziness4.Confusion5.Severe or persistent vomiting6.Flu-like symptoms improve but then return with fever and worse cough-
- I have Swine Flu, and it’s evil. Anyone feel like me?
- Q: Well sometime this afternoon I was diagnosed with Swine Flu. Immediately I was masked, and prescribed Antibiotics, then escorted back to my dorm. I am not allowed to eat in my dorms cafeteria, nor leave my room. I even thought about driving home, but home is hours away and I know I won’t make the drive safely. My symptoms are I’m running high fevers, sore throat, inflamed tonsils, my body hurts from head to toe, and it burns when I urinate. My silly roommate (who’s aware of my illness) had a lot of company today. I actually was embarrassed to get out of bed today after a long nap because I thought I had wet the bed. Turns out I only had sweat out another high fever which instantly returned after a few minutes. Laying down hurts, sitting up hurts, talking really hurts. I have these big red looking veins or “cracks” in the back of my throat surrounded by blisters. Swallowing water hurts as bad as eating. I’m trying to drink but it’s taking me all day to drink almost half of a water bottle. I haven’t been eating much these past few days at all, and when I excrete waste I bleed from my anus. The doctor told me it’s progressed more than swine flu at this point. Anyways I just wanted to see if anyone felt like me?I also have runny nose, coughing up thick mucus, and sneezing.
- A: hellodont know you buthope you get better,i wasnt diagnosed with h1n1,but quite sure it was and yes it was bad.i am anti drugs but ended up using some couldnt stand the pain..it left me with a really sore jaw?????it still kinnda hurts who knows why..but strange…anyways keep me posted on your recoveryand hope you feel better soon..mine lasted 3 days of hell and then weak for a while but you will be all right..keep me posted.yeah people are kinnda dumb im sure your roommate will suffer to its not fun..its a very sick year atleast you r fighting it without the toxic flu shot…rest rest rest…..