What are other reasons why the vaginal area smells
Other than poor grooming, vaginal odor comes from yeast infections, STD’s, a recto-vaginal fistula, or a forgotten tampon. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-other-reasons-why-the-vaginal-area-smells ]
More Answers to “What are other reasons why the vaginal area smells“
- What are other reasons why the vaginal area smells
- Other than poor grooming, vaginal odor comes from yeast infections, STD’s, a recto-vaginal fistula, or a forgotten tampon.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Do I have an std if my vaginal area smells like fish?
- Q: I know my Dr said that my vaginal is sentitive so to use like dove soap but lately I have been using zest so I think that might be the reason. Dut it does not smell pleasent.
- A: A “fishy” smell is a really good sign of BV (bacterial vaginosis). BV is NOT a STD. It’s basically an imbalance of the “good” bacteria and the “bad” bacteria which are BOTH naturally found in the vagina. It is completely treatable and curable with prescription antibiotics like metronidazole (brand name: Flagyl) or clindamycin (brand name: Cleocin). See your doctor as soon as possible and have them take a look at you. They will be able to properly diagnose you and offer/provide treatment for you. Good luck!
- pregnancy signs? Increased discharge, no pain, and weird flutter/vibration in my vaginal area?
- Q: I missed my period for March, but I got a negative HPT test. Now, I am playing the waiting game until monday to get back blood results on a pregnancy test. Never missed period since I was 11 years old and I just found out my hyperthyroidism is not active so it isn’t what made me miss a period this month( Oh in Feb. I had light spotting instead of a full flow period which was weird but I had negative pregnancy test then too). I have heard it is possible for some women that the HCG never shows up in the test for some reason even though they are pregnant, but the chances are extremely slim. Anyway, while I am waiting to hear from my doc. I have been having really strange flutter/vibration feelings in my vagina and also had a huge increase in vaginal fluid. It is clear, no pain or itchiness and no bad smells. The consistency kind of reminds me of when you have a cold and the stuff that comes out of your nose all thick yet runny at the same time! It is mostly clear with a little milky color to it. Whenever I go to the bathroom it is there. I feel it leak out of me almost like when you have a mild/low period flow. When I wipe it takes forever to get it all gone and then it just comes back the next time I use the restroom. I think when I feel the flutter/vibration down there is when it is secreting. Is this possibly a sign of pregnancy!? If you are pregnant and had this happen early on in pregnancy let me know! Thanks!The best way I can describe the feeling down below is kind of like when you are hungry and your tummy makes that growling and you feel you stomach kind of move and grumble. Its kind of like that, but in my vaginal area. WEIRD I KNOW!Other symptom I am having is tender boobs, but not overly sore yet. I have been taking more naps too. I am already on pre-natal vitamins also.
- A: Hello! I too missed my period in March, took 2 HPT’s and they both came back negative. I went to my doctor took a blood test and it came back undetermined. I took another a this week and it came back positive. I too have the weird fluttering feeling and the discharge. I have had one pregnancy before this so I can tell you from experience that you are most likely pregnant hun! Good Luck!
- Vaginal discharge from no sex?
- Q: I haven’t had sex in almost 8 months. My husband and I are going through a divorce. I for some reason have a lot of discharge coming from the vaginal area. I almost have to change my underwear twice a day. It smells kinda funky also. I take a shower regularly I am clean, but maybe this has something to do with sex???? When I was married and we did have sex..I usually had no problems and I was dry. I feel more wet, and more discharge could something be wrong with me?
- A: not necessarily, some people are just naturally more wet, esp. during different stages and levels of stress. I have this problem off and on, its rather annoying when it isn’t convenient!. here is a site below that has some of the negative reasons for excessive discharge (which you probably don’t have a negative reason) hope i’ve helped :)http://yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/vaginal-discharge-when-its-excessive.html