What are some home remedies to get rid of a sore throat
Gargle at least once each hour with 1tsp (5g) of salt dissolved in 8fl oz of warm water. Use a vaporizer or cool air humidifier [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-some-home-remedies-to-get-rid-of-a-sore-throat ]
More Answers to “What are some home remedies to get rid of a sore throat“
- How do you get rid of a sore throat with home remedies??
- gargle with warm salt water. Also gargle with warm garlic water. Garlic is a natural antibiotic.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What are some Natural home remedies to get rid of sore throat and FAST?
- Q: I have strep/sore throat and its horrible i feel nauseous and have really bad headaches!Not to mention mucus in my throat.I need to get rid of it ASAP!What are some home remedies+Also Ive already tried gargling salt water in my mouth,but ive ran out of those candy type cough temporary Relief things!I cant stay home tomorrow cause I only have 3 more days of school left.and its important that IM there to finish all of my and prjects exams.Im 14 by the way.Thanks 🙂
- A: There’s Honey Lemon Tea and Citron Tea (a type of Korean tea). Those had help me out when I need it.Source(s):Personal Experiences
- What are some home remedies to get rid of a sore throat?
- A: Dry throat irritated from allergies- drink cool/cold water, maybe take an antihistamine. Reduce exposure to allergens (pets, smoke, etc).Sinusitis drainage can cause sore throat – cure the sinusitis with antibiotics if it’s bacterial in nature, or wait it out if it’s viral. Drink cold liquids to sooth the pain, take an NSAID pain reliever, try Chloroseptic to numb the sore tissue.There’s no ‘home’ remedy to cure a sore throat that is caused by viruses or bacteria. You can ease the symptoms with ice water or warm tea or honey or something, but you can’t get rid of the sore throat this way. All you can do is ease the pain until your body takes care of the problem, which is usually does in a few days anyway.
- Any tips on getting rid of a sore throat? Any meds or home remedies?
- Q: I always get the worse sore throats!!!I get them when I have a cold only because I have a deviated septum (cant breathe thru my mouth) Why avoid dairy products? Just curious.
- A: We avoid milk products because they stimulate mucous production. Cutting out milk is an easy way to reduce the “gunk” that your lungs and throat produce. You might have really bad allergies. Have you tried to take apart your bedroom and vacuum every nook and cranny? Also vacuum the bedding platform, all the seams and trims on both sides of the padding. You might want to put your pillow in the wash with a good detergent and a touch of bleach too. It will reduce your allergic symptoms, especially if they are worse in the early morning.