What are Strep throat remedies
Because of potential significant complications, if strep throat is detected, it must be treated adequately with antibiotics.You can not treat this at home see a physician. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-strep-throat-remedies ]
More Answers to “What are Strep throat remedies“
- How to Cure a Strep Throat with Homemade Remedy
- There is a lot of fear around strep throat because of the other diseases may develop if this condition isn’t treated or doesn’t resolve on its own. But many people are carriers of strep without…
- Can I get totally rid of strep throat using herbal remedies inste…?
- well as they said, strep throat is nothing to mess with..if using olive leaf extract be sure to use a good organic tincture like herbpharm I have read that gargling and drinking and sipping raw apple cider vinegar in water (I add seas salt)…
- Do you have any good home remedies for Strep Throat??
- You can get liquid silver at your local pharmacy over the counter in the vitamin section. Mix it with water and take as directed. It’s good stuff.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Anybody know any home remedies for Strep Throat?
- Q: I believe I may be coming down with strep throat but I cannot miss school & I’d prefer not to visit a doctor because he’d more than likely tell me to stay out of school. I need to stay in school because if I miss more than 3 days of school, I have to take all my exams and I’ve already missed 3 on the dot.So back to the point: anybody know any home remedies that may soothe or possibly cure strep throat?
- A: I’m in the same boat as you..I have tests this week and Prom this weekend and I need to get better..FAST!!So since we have sore throats, ( It could just be a sore throat though and not strep..if you have neck pain, that’s a good indicator of strep) But what I do that REALLY helps, is gargle with salt waterI get lukewarm water, and add sea salt to the cup and mix it together. Then I take a little in my mouth, tilt my head back and gargle for about a minute, then repeat. It’s cured ALL of my sore throats!!Hope I helped and good luck with your exams
- Yummy home remedies for strep throat relief?
- Q: My girls (11 and 7) both have a rip roaring case of strep throat. We have Halls and other over the counter meds to try to soothe their little throats. Does anyone know of some yummy home remedies that might give them a little bit of relief instead.They have both been diagnosed with strep by their physician and are both taking antibiodics.
- A: Black tea with sugar in it. You can use decaf tea if you would like. You can also use honey in it, just dont use honey for babies. The Tannin in the tea soothes sore throats….The sugar or honey coats the throat to help it. Also, make sure those kiddos see the doctor for the antibiotics if its strep!
- Strep throat home remedies for a person with cirrhosis of the liver?
- Q: My bro has no insurance so he can’t go to doctor. He has strep troath and needs some home remedies that won’t hurt his cirrhosis of the liver?
- A: Hi SolI have healing remedies for both mentioned.CauseSore throats are usually caused by viral infections, but can also be due to bacterial infections, tonsillitis, overuse of the voice, exposure to irritating substances such as cigarette smoke, allergic reactions, infections of the mouth, and/or colds and flu.Caution: Sore throats are rarely serious. However, if your sore throat does not heal within two weeks, and/or occurs with a rash, seek immediate medical attention. If any sore throat occurs with a rash, see a doctor. A sore throat caused by a Streptococcal infection (strep throat) must be identified and treated, or else it could create rheumatic fever or acute glomerulonephritis (disease of the glomerulus, a network of blood capillaries of the kidney). ——————————————————————————–Natural CuresAromatherapy: Inhalations with benzoin, lavender, thyme, eucalyptus, geranium, lavender, clary sage, or sandalwood can help relieve symptoms. Diet: Increase your intake pure filtered water, hot herbal teas, diluted fruit juices, and broths. Eat an organic whole foods diet that emphasizes fresh vegetables and vegetable soups. Avoid all sugars, alcohol, milk and dairy products and any and all foods to which you are allergic or sensitive. Raw organic honey placed at the back of the throat can also help soothe symptoms and speed healing. Flower Essences: Crab Apple. Herbs: If your sore throat is due to an infection, chew a small piece of osha root (Ligusticum porteri) and/or gargle with an infusion of sage or licorice. For a sore throat due to smoke or pollution irritation, gargle with an infusion of lavender or hyssop. Other useful herbs include echinacea, garlic, ginger, goldenseal, and slippery elm. Juice Therapy: Drinking the juice of one or two red potatoes can soothe symptoms.Nutritional Supplementation: The following nutrients can be helpful: vitamin A, beta carotene, vitamin C with bioflavonoids, and zinc (in the form of lozenges taken every 1-2 hours unless nausea occurs, in which case decrease dosage).CauseLiver function can be impaired by a toxic bowel. Most pharmaceutical drugs, if taken on a consistent basis, can also cause liver disease. If you are on such medications, be sure to have your liver function monitored regularly (every 3-6 months) by your physician, and consider other healing alternatives that might reduce or eliminate your need for medications. Caution: Serious cases of cirrhosis require immediate medical attention.——————————————————————————–Natural CuresAromatherapy: Juniper, rosemary, and rose essential oils can all help stimulate liver function. Detoxification: Liver function can also be impaired by a toxic bowel. For this reason, bowel cleansing and rejuvenation techniques may be very important. In severe cases, repeat the bowel cleanse once a month, or as needed, and stay on bowel nutrients for up to one year depending on the severity of your condition and your response to treatment.Diet: Diet is extremely important in preventing and reversing all forms of liver disease, including cirrhosis. Eat a low-protein, whole foods diet of organic foods, including seeds, nuts, whole grains, beans, nuts, and goat or rice milk, and also eat plenty of leafy green vegetables. Avoid all alcohol and processed fats such as margarine, hydrogenated oils, and foods with these oils added, rancid oils, and hardened vegetable fats. Instead, use cold-processed oils such as olive. Also increase your consumption of foods high in amino acids and potassium, such as nuts, seeds, bananas, raisins, rice, wheat bran, kelp, dulse, brewer`s yeast, and molasses, and drink plenty of pure, filtered water. Avoid animal protein as well as raw or undercooked fish, and limit your overall intake of fish. Also avoid all stressors on the liver, such as overeating, drugs of any kind, a highly processed diet (especially one high in processed fats, additives and preservatives), and foods high in animal protein, and accumulation of toxins from chemicals that have to be processed by the liver such as alcohol, drugs, acetaminophen, insecticides, and chemicals from rancid and processed oils. Toxins from Candida yeast organisms within the body can also contribute to liver stress, as can the use of contraceptives. Herbs: Milk thistle is an excellent herb to help in the treatment of cirrhosis because it helps liver cells regenerate. It may be taken in the form of tablets or the non-alcohol extract called a glycerate. The dose is based upon the content of silymarin (the active ingredient of milk thistle) and so standardized extracts are preferable. The typical dosage range is 70-200 mg of silymarin daily. The herb Picrorhiza kurroa is not as well-known as milk thistle, but may have similar effects. Licorice can also be helpful. The Chinese herb bupleurum (chai-hu) may also be helpful, as can the herbal mixture of kutki (200 mg), shanka pushpi (500 mg), and guduchi (300 mg), with is used by practitioners of Ayurvedic medicine to boost liver function. Take 1/4 teaspoon of this mixture taken twice a day, after lunch and dinner, with aloe vera juice. Hydrotherapy: Hydrotherapy is the application of water, ice, steam and hot and cold temperatures to maintain and restore health. Treatments include full body immersion, steam baths, saunas, sitz baths, colonic irrigation and the application of hot and/or cold compresses. Hydrotherapy is effective for treating a wide range of conditions and can easily be used in the home as part of a self-care program. Many Naturopathic Physicians, Physical Therapists and Day Spas use Hydrotherapy as part of treatment. *Purified water is essential for any hydrotherapy treatment. The section Remedies for Treating Chlorinated Bath Water offers clear instructions and recommendations.Juice Therapy: The following juices can help the liver eliminate toxins that cause stress on it: beet and carrot juice and wheat grass juice. To either juice, you can add raw flaxseed oil and garlic as tolerated.Nutritional Supplementation: Lipotrophic factor nutrients are essential for aiding liver function. These include vitamin C, vitamin E, silymarin, lipoic acid, and raw liver tablets. Other useful nutrients in this regard include vitamin B complex, vitamin B12, folic acid, niacin (in small doses such as 10-30 mg. three times), liver glandulars, digestive enzymes with hydrochloric acid (HCL) and ox bile extract, and the amino acids L-methionine, L-carnitine, L-cysteine, L-glutathione, and L-arginine.Caution: For all cases of liver disease, do not use more than 10,000 IU of vitamin A daily and avoid cod liver oil entirely.Alternative Professional CareIf your symptoms persist despite the above measures, seek the help of a qualified health professional. The following professional care therapies have all been shown to be useful for treating and relieving the symptoms of cirrhosis: Acupuncture, Cell Therapy, Detoxification Therapy, Magnetic Field Therapy, Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy, Naturopathic Medicine, Reflexology, Qigong, and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Best of health to both of you