What can I do to get rid of pink eye
For bacterial pink eye an antibiotic is often needed;however that will not help if it is viral. Thanks and ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-can-i-do-to-get-rid-of-pink-eye ]
More Answers to “What can I do to get rid of pink eye“
- How to get rid of pink eye?
- The pink eye virus just needs to take its course. You can go to the doctor and get antibiotics or take vitamin and zinc to help your body fight it off. But, you need to stay away from people for 24 to 48 hours after starting antibiotics.
- Does Tobramycin 0.3 Eye Drop get rid of pink eye?
- yes, I have used it for pink eye and it worked. It only works for pink eye caused by bacteria though. It does not treat viral pink eye.
- Can you get rid of pink eye in a few days like thurdsay – monday …?
- Unfortunately, there is no sure way to get rid of pink eye in a few days. You can try asking your ophthalmologist about your medical options, but the best you can do is not to irritate your eyes in the meantime by using contacts or by rubbi…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- what can I do to get rid of Pink Eye at home without going to see a doctor?
- Q: How do I know if its Pink Eye or a Sty in the Eye? I would like to know how to get rid of it without seeing a doctor.Is there anything I could do to get rid of Pink Eye. at home
- A: Pink eye is an inflammation or infection of the membrane that lines your eyelid and part of your eyeball. The cause of pinkeye is commonly a bacterial or viral infection, or an allergic reaction. Pinkeye will make you feel like you have something in one or both eyes that you can remove and in the morning your eyes may be pasted shut from the discharge coming from your eyes. The whites of your eyes may have a pink discoloration. Pinkeye is contagious.If it is caused by a bacterial infection your doctor will prescribe antibiotic eye drops which will clear the infection in several days. If it is caused by a virus you just have to let it runs its course. You will notice a worsening of your symptoms in the first 3 to 5 days and then it should gradually begin to get better. To treat at home you can use warm compresses gently applied to the eyes 3 to 4 times a day for 10 min. The best thing to do is brew some chamomile tea bags, wring them out, and apply the warm tea bags to your eyes. Chamomile tea will help soothe the itchiness.If you do a web search and read up you will understand that pinkeye can be bacterial OR viral. You don’t take antibiotics for it if it is bacterial, you USE antibiotic eye drops! I would recommend that you see a doctor and let him diagnose wether it is viral or bacterial.
- How do you get rid of pink eye?
- Q: I just went to the doctor yesterday for something else & i dnt want to go back b/c of pink eye in one eye & i wear contacts! Any clues 2 get rid of it?
- A: Frequent hand washing is crucial to prevent spreading the virus or bacteria, depending on which type you have. While there are several different kinds of pink eye, almost every case of pink eye is viral pink eye, and there is no particular treatment for it. It will get better on its own within a week or so. Check with your pharmacist for over the counter eye drops for pink eye. You need to stop wearing your contacts until the symptoms disappear, and throw those contacts away and use new ones when you start wearing them again.Hot compresses a few times a day will help. As strange as this may sound, steep a couple of tea bags (real tea, not green tea or herbal tea), and place the moist tea bags on your eyes. The tannic acid in the tea is soothing and will make you feel better and help with the swelling. Wash your hands very often and be careful when cleaning and treated the affected eye to not spread pink eye to your other eye.These links give more information about pink eye. http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/eye/conjunctivitis.htmlhttp://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001016.htmhttp://www.medicinenet.com/pink_eye/article.htmhttp://www.drgreene.com/21_1058.html
- Whats The Quickest way to get rid of pink eye?
- Q: I have pink eye in both eyes, one is wose then the other. How can i get rid of it quickly?
- A: Unfortunately there is no quick cure…Pink eye – or conjunctivitis is caused by an infection, either bacterial, viral, or allergic. Viral conjunctivitis usually is associated with more tearing whereas bacterial often involves a mucous discharge – although these are not exclusive. Cold compresses can alleviate discomfort but seeing your eye doctor is important. Bacterial conjunctivitis can be treated with antibiotic drops. If the infection is viral it must run its course as with a common viral cold.