What can I do to make period cramps go away
Use heat, such as hot water bottles, heating pads, or hot baths, to relax tense muscles and relieve cramping from your menstrual cycle. Also, try drinking herbal teas, such as chamomile, mint, raspberry, and blackberry. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-can-i-do-to-make-period-cramps-go-away ]
More Answers to “What can I do to make period cramps go away“
- How can i make my ..period cramps go away.?
- Going on some method of birth control, like the pill, can make your periods shorter, lighter, more regular, and less painful. Talk to your doctor about it. You can also try Depo Provera shots, which means you’ll stop having your period all …
- Can any girl here tell me how to make period and cramps go away .?
- Some background + info, including therapies — Derived from the Greek words dys, meaning “difficult,” meno, meaning monthly, and rrhea, meaning “flow,” dysmenorrhea is the term used to describe painful menstrual cramping. Almost all menst…
- What is good for making cramps go away when you are on your perio…?
- It depends on how debilitating your cramps are: 1) Advil is the best per all doctors I talk to…muscle relaxers. Consult your physician, but you can usually take up to 4 pills 2xs/day. I reccommend liquigels 2) heatign pad; if you work or …
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- what are some exercises that make period cramps go away?
- Q: i am 12 years old and i have really bad period cramps. i started my period 8-9 months ago. every time i get my period i get bad cramps!what are some exercises that will make my period cramps go away?btw – i dont have and exercising machines.i talk pepto bismo sometimes but it oly works for 20 mins
- A: Take an aspirine, increases the amount somewhat but definitely decreases pain, take a warm bath, drink warm-hot herbal teas, always put on socks to keep your feet warm, talk with friends on the phone or walk outside windowshopping as you do, and you’ll forget about the pain.
- how do you make period cramps go away?
- Q: im having really bad cramps today cause of my period. and i have dance class in an hour…? please any advice?
- A: alieve
- How can I make my period cramps go away!?!?
- Q: I am in horrible pain I want to scream! I have tried medicine, abdominal exercise, and heat. None of the have worked!!
- A: Over-the-counter pain relievers such as ibuprofen or naproxen sodium used around the clock as soon as you notice the first sign of your period help to reduce the severity of cramps in many women by inhibiting the release of prostaglandins. Acetaminophen (e.g.-Tylenol) will help the pain but does not have the effect on the prostagladins. Regular physical activity often reduces cramping in some women. Natural progesterone may help reduce the symptoms that are causing menstrual cramps. Supplementing your diet with zinc and calcium has been found to reduce cramps, bloating, and related PMS symptoms. Herbal remedies such as Viburnum prunifolium, Scutellaria spp., and Cimicifuga raemosa have an antispasmodic effect that may reduce some menstrual cramps. Other useful herbs include cramp bark, squaw vine, unicorn root, bromelain, evening primrose oil, and blue cohosh. Try taking a warm bath and using aromatherapy or using a heating pad on your lower abdomen or back. If you don’t have a heating pad, a heating pad can be made by filling a sock with rice and heating it in the microwave. Taking time for yourself, relaxing, and letting those around you know that you are not feeling yourself will help by reducing the stress of your everyday life that may contribute to your menstrual cramps.