What do i do for Infected hangnail
For an infection caused by bacteria your health care provider may prescribe an antibiotic. For a fungal infection, your provider may prescribe an antifungal cream. Thanks for using ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-do-i-do-for-infected-hangnail ]
More Answers to “What do i do for Infected hangnail“
- How to Treat Hangnails |
- Published 2 days 8 hours ago Category: Health | Tags: hangnail hangnail treatment hangnails treat hangnails Health
- What is a hangnail?
- Ok, we can go about this two different ways. First I’ll give you the serious answer and then I’ll give you the one I just thought of and thought was funny. A hangnail is a piece of cuticle that has either dried or has just come loose. When …
- How can i fix my infected hangnail?
- Soak it in warm water with Epsom salts. That will draw out the infection. 10 minutes twice a day, and keep using the neosporin. I had a badly infected toe and that’s what the doctor advised. Worked very well. Also, stop using alcohol and pe…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Help!!!How to cure a possibly infected finger from a hangnail?
- Q: I had a hangnail and it was bothering me so I tried to take it out but the whole thing didn’t come out and it was bleeding and now it is very sore,and it is oulsating and warm to touch.I been cleaning it a couple times a day but it is not helping.Could it be infected or irritated from me messing with it and making it bleed? It’s not really red just where I cut the skin,and it doen’t have any kind of puss or anything.
- A: Hangnails normally get inflamed when irritated. Boil it out with peroxide just a couple of times to ensure that you do not irritate it any further. Put a dab of alcohol on it. Coat it with iodine afterward. Then wrap a band aid loosely your finger so that it can get a bit of air. Leave it alone. It is not oozing, and therefore it should not be infected. However, if you keep messing with it, there is a good chance it will get infected. It is normally best to leave a hangnail. This covers the wound, helps healing, and prevents infection. Next time, leave the hangnail and wrap a bandaid around it. Clipping the hangnail exposes it to infection and other irritants.
- Infected Hangnail…how do i fix it?
- Q: I recently bit my hangnail and now my finger is swollen and hurts pretty bad. How do I fix this or make it better, i dont have medical coverage so anything over the counter or home remedies would be greatly apperciated.
- A: Soak it for a few minutes in warm soapy water, then apply Neosporin, then cover it in a bandaid. Change the bandaid and reapply Neosporin morning and night for a couple of days and it should be fine.
- Infected hangnail, sore wrist
- Q: I just found out that I probably have an infected hangnail. The area around the nail is swollen and red. I think I’ve seen some puss… I’ve soaked my finger in warm salt water, and will start applying a warm compress 3 times a day. Also, my wrist has been hurting on the same hand all day. It feels like poor circulation, but I’m not sure. Does anyone think the sore wrist could somehow be connected to the infected hangnail problem? What should I do???
- A: You probably have an infection and need an antibiotic. Also I hope you are using epsom salts and not just regular table salt.