What Good ways to get rid of a fever
You could take two Tylenol. It has to be Tylenol because Acetaminophen is not only a pain reliever but also a fever reducer. You could also try placing an ice pack on your forehead or taking a cool shower. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-good-ways-to-get-rid-of-a-fever ]
More Answers to “What Good ways to get rid of a fever“
- What is the best way to get rid of a fever blister?
- Fever blisters have many causes and origins and although generally bothersome, most of the time they are not serious. When they are pussing, they can be contagious, not only to others if you kiss them, but can on occasion spread to other pa…
- What is the best way to get rid of a fever without using tylenol/…?
- Although seeing a doctor certainly cannot hurt and is strongly recommended, it will take some time to get to one. High fever can be very dangerous for the brain, so you have to do something by yourself. Don’t cover the sick person too much,…
- What is the best way to get rid of a fever without the use of med…?
- First, drink lots of fluids. This is the first resort when wanting to lower a fever. Then, rest to give your immune system a chance to fight the infection. If the fever is extremely high, get a damp cloth and run it over your hot skin to co…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- are there any other ways to get rid of fever without medicine?
- Q: I have fever and on top of that I feel very cold. I dont want to take medicine, are there any other ways to get rid of it? please help me out. I hate taking medicines. I took tyenol but its affects last for few hours n then my condition gets horrible again.
- A: You can take a cold bath or shower, put ice packs under your arms and on top of your head. This therapy is trivial because it causes you to shiver and create body heat, but when someone is running a big fever the cold water can cool you faster than your body can produce heat. Keep in mind that a high fever is not good and if it stays high you should take medicine. Taking Tylenol every 6 hours, or you can take Ibuprofen between Tylenol doses so you don’t take too much acetaminophen. 4,000mg of Tylenol is the max dose you do not want to exceed in 24 hours for Tylenol and 3,200mg of Ibuprofen is the max in 24 hours.More importantly, the fever may be caused by an infection or illness. If this is not resolved, then you fever may not as well.
- besides going to the doctors and taking antibiotics, what are some good ways to get rid of a fever fast?
- A: when i had a fever i dranked natural herb tea and filled my bath tub with warm water and rest
- Does anyone know of any natural ways to get rid of a fever in an infant using natural methods??
- Q: I have an 8 1/2 month old and its been at about 101
- A: My mom told me to cut up an onion and put it in baby’s sock! It’s probably just an old wives tale… Sometimes they have some truth to them.Very best wishes!