What helps to get rid of fever blisters
Treatment for fever blisters (or cold sores) may include skin creams, ointments, or sometimes pills. ChaCha Again! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-helps-to-get-rid-of-fever-blisters ]
More Answers to “What helps to get rid of fever blisters“
- Does Anbesol help get rid of a fever blister on your lip??
- For pain relief, try products that contain local anesthetics. Anbesol cold sore ointment contains benzocaine, and Zilactin ointment contains benzyl alcohol to relieve pain. You also can use pain relievers such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen….
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- how do you get rid of fever blisters on the inside of your mouth?
- Q: my friend is just getting over strep throat and now the inside of her mouth is covered in fever blisters. Is there something at home that we can use to help get rid of them?
- A: i don’t gargle i put salts on top on those blisters…yes its painful but u’ll heal quickly
- how can i get rid of fever blisters really fast???!!!!!?
- Q: i have 3 bad fever blisters on my top lip and i have to go to school tomorrow and i dont want to go with my lip looking this bad. right now im using campho-phenique cold sore and fever blister treatment to try to get rid of it but it is takin tooo long. I NEED HELP!!!
- A: Cold sores may last from 10-14 days. If the sores last longer than two weeks or occur frequently, it is advisable to see your doctor. Apply ice for five to ten minutes each hour at the start of the cold sores. This will prevent their further development. Apply a tea bag for five to ten minutes each hour at the start of the cold sores. The tannic acid in the tea has antiviral properties. This will prevent their further development. Press a warm tea bag on the cold sore for 20-30 minutes. Within five days the sores will disappear. Avoid acidic or salty foods. Foods high in arginine such as those containing chocolate, peanuts and other nuts, grains, peas, seeds, oatmeal and whole-wheat products should be reduced from the diet. Reduce intake of coffee. Taking B complex supplements with B12 vitamin and folic acid is helpful. Make the following formula and store it in a bottle.Coconut oil : 100 ml, Dettol : 2 ml, and Carbolic acid: 3 ml (available from chemical shops)Apply it on cold sores once or twice. This formula, evolved by the authors of this web site, has a 100% success rate, not only for cold sores but also for boils, minor itching at under arms, between the thighs, anus, mosquito bites, etc. You can keep this bottle for years. Apply Witch Hazel on sores. Press or rub an ice cube on the cold sore for a few minutes every ten minutes for an hour. This will lessen the size of the sore preventing the movement of the virus. Moisten your index finger and press it on powdered common salt, and then onto the sores for 30 seconds. Do it twice a day for 2-3 days. Take four acidophilus capsules three or four times a day with milk. Rub aloe juice or aloe gel on cold sores. Apply a cornstarch paste. Lemon balm extract may reduce cold sore symptoms and speed up the healing. Apply spirit of camphor on the sore. Herbal Sage, Tea Tree Oil and the herbal sedative Violet have been used as treatments for cold sores. Make a tea by adding two or three Sage leaves and a small ginger root piece or ginger powder to a cup of boiling water and steep. Drink 2-3 cups a day. End Cold Sore In 3 Days
- How Can I get rid of fever blisters?
- Q: I have always gotten fever blisters since I was a kid. My doctor has prescribed me a topical ointment to put on them called zovirax. It helps, but not as quickly as I would like. Well this morning, I started out with one and now i have 6. They are so painful and so humiliating. Is there something that I am doing to make them spread? I was told to ask my dr for Valtrex……. and for any of you who want to relate this to the STD herpes and be hateful, please save it for someone else. Thank you!
- A: Valtrex would be effective. The virus that causes fever blisters is very similar to the virus that causes STD herpes. There is a prescription ointment called Denavir that is also effective. Abreva is the best over the counter treatment for fever blisters. You should try Abreva for a day or two to see if that works. If it doesn’t, call your doctor.