What hormones are secreted by the anterior pituitary gland
Hormone secretion from the anterior pituitary gland is regulated by hormones secreted by the hypothalamus. ChaCha it up! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-hormones-are-secreted-by-the-anterior-pituitary-gland ]
More Answers to “What hormones are secreted by the anterior pituitary gland“
- What hormones are secreted by the anterior pituitary gland
- Hormone secretion from the anterior pituitary gland is regulated by hormones secreted by the hypothalamus. ChaCha it up!
- What are two neurohormones that is secreted by the pituitary glan…?
- Oxytocin and vasopressin are neurohypophysis hormones synthesized in the neurons of paraventricular and supraoptic nuclei of the hypothalamus and travel to the terminals in the neurohypophysis for storage and release into the vascular syste…
- What hormone from the anterior pituitary gland stimulates ovulati…?
- Luteinizing hormone (LH) stimulates the mature follicle in the ovary to release the egg.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- which of the following hormones is not secreted from the anterior pituitary gland?
- A: Anterior Pituitary secretes: Growth Hormone, ACTH (adrenocorticotropic Hormone) Thyroid Stimulating Hormone, Follicle Stimulating Hormone, Luetenizing Hormone, Prolactin Hormone, and Melanoctye Stimulating Hormone.Just completed Endocrine section of nursing school so I know these are correct.
- How does the hypothalumus control the anterior pituitary gland secretion?
- Q: Whilst the anterior pituitary gland is not anatomically connected with the hypothalamus, it is functionally connected with this part of the brain Hormone secretion from the anterior pituitary gland is regulated by hormones secreted by the hypothalamus. Neuroendocrine neurons in the hypothalamus project axons to the median eminence, at the base of the brain. At this site, these neurons can release substances into small blood vessels that travel directly to the anterior pituitary gland (the hypothalamo-hypophysial portal vessels).Can I get more details can you explain better?
- A: just slow down and read it.The hypothalamus sends SIGNALS to the median eminence, which in turn releases chemicals into the blood stream that then reach the pituitary gland- the gland itself is not attached to the hypothalamus.So, the gland is indirectly activated by the hypothalamus
- which hormones are secreted by the reproductive cyle?
- Q: acouple of my friends and i were playing a game and we were arguing about this answer for quite some time, can someone please help me out, i thought it was GnRH but please tell me if im wronghormones that govern the reproductive cycle of male and female are signaled to be secreted by.. what?its either GnRH, oxygen periphery hormone,the walls of the ducts,or, anterior pituitary gland
- A: anterior pituitary glandat least thats what i gathered from this website. . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anterior_pituitary