What is a better pain reliever advil or tylenol
Tylenol is used for pain or fever relief, but it has no anti-inflammatory action. Tylenol is usually well tolerated and has minimal side effects. Advil belongs to the class non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. So, if you have inflammation, Advil. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-a-better-pain-reliever-advil-or-tylenol ]
More Answers to “What is a better pain reliever advil or tylenol“
- Which is the best pain reliever for back pain? Aspirin, Tylenol, …?
- Persistent back pains cld be due to water shortage in the body. This happens because dehydration releases histamine, a substance that enhances pain sensation. So to stop histamine release, hydrate ur body with much water. So for pain relief…
- Can ALEVE be taken with other over-the-counter (OTC) pain relieve…?
- No pain reliever, including ALEVE, should be taken while using any of these products unless directed to do so by your doctor. If you are taking aspirin on a daily basis, check with your doctor before using any other pain relief product.
- Do You Take Ibuprofen, Tylenol or Any Other Over-The-Counter Pain…?
- Well, if you do, you will want to check out the following video: Please contact me if you take any over-the-counter medications for pin on a regular basis. When taken excessively, they can be harmful to your health and there ARE natural alt…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- how do pain relievers “help” the body, ie Advil, Tylenol, etc.. ?
- Q: pain is not good for the body. do pain relievers like Advil and Tylenol help the body or do they simply mask the pain? should we take pain relievers (obviously i’m not talking about super frequently to the point of abuse), but are they recommended or should the body work thru the pain? I’m looking for a SCIENTIFIC answer, on a layman’s level. Thanks
- A: there are many mediators of pain in our brain. Drugs like Aspirin and Advil relieve the pain by stopping inflammation.
- Which do you think is a better pain reliever?
- Q: My husband has had shingles for about a week now. He was prescribed Hydrocodone but it makes him very sleepy. So he is debating between taking ibuprofen (advil) or acetaminophen (tylenol). What do you think would be a better pain reliever for him? I know he can alternate the two but I don’t know how many mgs of each he can have per day…Oh, and he goes back to the Dr. on Wed. NO. We can’t get in any sooner. Thanks!
- A: When he goes back ask about tylenol 3, it should be good but not so strong it will make him very sleepy. Until then I would take ibuprofen. I think on it’s own it works better.
- I have a question about aspirin/pain reliever meds?
- Q: I was wondering if i could put an aspirin mixed with water on a pain area and still be able to take another/ tylenol for pain? Also i know i have to put the aspirin, but as for taking medicine through swallowing it, should i take advil tylenol or aspirin? Its for pain in my toe. 1. Which one works better? 2. can i intake medicine AND put the aspirin with water on the afgfected area at the same time?
- A: HiYes you can put aspirin solution on your skin and still take the pain reliever of your choice. Myself I would actually take Excedrine.Katie