What is an example of a narcotic
An example of a narcotic is codeine or morphine. Thanks for using ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-an-example-of-a-narcotic ]
More Answers to “What is an example of a narcotic“
- What are narcotic drugs?
- Narcotic drugs dull you into a sleep like stupor. Marijuana, Opium etc. Narco is realted to sleep.
- Should the government be allowed to regulate dangerous or excessi…?
- once the principle is admitted that it is the duty of government to protect the individual against his own foolishness, no serious objections can be advanced against further encroachments . A good case could be made out in favor of the proh…
- Which are the examples of narcotic drugs?
- A narcotic is a drug made from or derived synthetically from opium. Examples include opium, morphine, heroin, codeine, hydrocodone, fentanyl, meperidine, oxycodone, tramadol, nalbuphine, pentazocine, and many others. It does not include ben…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Can you give me an example of an abstract for my term paper?
- Q: my topic is effects of narcotic drugs?I just want an example
- A: There are abstracts of journal articles in dif sites on the web. They are appx. 2-3 paragraphs totaling about 10 sentences of the basic material. So, if someone wants to know basically what is going to happen in your paper; then all they have to do is read the abstract. But, if they need the details; then they need to read the whole paper and find the research etc.
- What is a narcotic? How does it affect the body? What are some examples of narcotic drugs?
- A: I am currently on two different narcotics prescribed by my doctor for relief of different kinds of pain I am having…One is Vicoden or hydrocodone, and that’s for my back nerve pain I have had for over 4 years now, and it works well for taking the burning and stinging away so I can sleep…The other one I am on is Morphine pills which are relaxing my inflamed muscle in my back and it is pressing on a disc there and it somehow got swollen enough to cause me lots of pain…Both probably work together to releive my pain in different areas as well…
- i have to sign a controlled substance agreement because i take narcotic meds.?
- Q: i have to sign a controlled substance agreement because i take narcotic meds. What are they looking for: my med levels or iligal substances for example marijuana? Do they have to tell me what they are testing me for exactly? i really need to know thank you.
- A: I had to sign one of these when I started seeing a pain management doctor for my back problems. They are looking for illegal drugs and anything else in your system that was not prescribed for you. They also want to make sure that you are not abusing the medications prescribed to you. There are people out there that do this,so everyone has to be tested and checked as a condition of their treatment. If you have any illegal substance in your urine, such as marijuana, you could be ineligible for further treatment, including medication refills. The doctor will ask that you take a urine test during a checkup, but will not tell you exactly what they will be testing for. If you take your medications as prescribed, and do not use illegal or street drugs, then you will have nothing to worry about.