What is bed eating disorder
Binge Eating Disorder (BED) is a type of eating disorder not otherwise specified and is characterized by recurrent binge eating without the regular use of compensatory measures to counter the binge eating. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-bed-eating-disorder ]
More Answers to “What is bed eating disorder“
- What is bed eating disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED) is a type of eating disorder not otherwise specified and is characterized by recurrent binge eating without the regular use of compensatory measures to counter the binge eating.
- What is Binge Eating Disorder (BED)?
- Binge Eating Disorder is probably the most common eating disorder. The mental and emotional consequences of binge eating disorder and distress of losing weight and bingeing can be overwhelming. Clinical depression, impulse control, “al…
- How does Binge Eating Disorder (BED) differ from Anorexia and Bul…?
- In anorexia and bulimia, the individual uses behaviors to prevent weight gain, such as restricting food intake, vomiting, laxatives, or exercise. With BED, there is an absence of compensatory behaviors to prevent weight gain after bingeing….
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What are some ways to keep motivated in recovery from BED (binge eating disorder)?
- A: Do things you enjoy that keep you mind off food and relieve stress. If you have a certain hobby or activity that you like, put alot of focus and dedication into it. Spend time with your friends and have fun in life!
- Referal for doctor/org to help BED – eating disorder in Maryland/Washington D.C. area?
- A: http://www.ask.com/web?q=Maryland%2FWashington+D.C.+area+doctor+referral+for+eating+disorders&qsrc=0&o=0or contact the AMA
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)?
- Q: A few days ago, I started eating a little more than usual, and then it turned into a LOT more than usual. I can’t stop, I feel like an animal when I’m eating. And something weird is that I only binge on certain things. Like if I have potato chips and brownies in front of me, I’ll eat potato chip if I’m in a fried, greasy food mood, and I’ll eat the brownies when I’m craving chocolate. But I can’t just have one helping of anything, I’ll have like five brownies, and then I’ll eat half a bag a chips. I’ve gained several pounds in just a couple days of doing this, and I just can’t stop. Please help!What are some things that I can do to limit the amount of food that I’m eating?Thanks!-HB
- A: I’ve been there and it ended up with me being bulimic :(Please don’t go down this road, it is not good. Try to stop doing this by just throwing out all the junk food and stocking up your cupboards with healthy food so even if you do eat a lot of it, its not so bad and you wont put on as much weight! make sure theres only like 1 brownie in the cupboard so you physically cannot have any more, etc. Hope that helps a bit, its a tricky situation. Take care, Xx