What is caster oil used for
The oil has a long and varied history of use as a healing agent in folk medicine around the world. Thanks for using ChaCha. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-caster-oil-used-for ]
More Answers to “What is caster oil used for“
- What is castor oil used for?
- The greenish extract of a large tropical plant, castor oil has been used for many years to ease constipation and induce vomiting. Basically, it’s WD40 for the gastro-intestinal tract. As any Little Rascals fan knows, castor oil is a notorio…
- Can caster oil give you an abortion if used in early pregnancy??
- No, it will give you extreme diarrahea and that’s about all that will happen.
- Do doctors know if you have used castor oil to induce your labor??
- Probably not, but using caster oil does not work, it is a wives tale.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Has anyone used Caster Oil to start contractions?
- Q: Does it work? Will it make contractions worse than natural ones would be? Does it give you “the runs”? Let me know, Ladies!
- A: <Sigh…>Please don’t try it. It’s a natural laxative, at most it will give you an upset tummy which is something you don’t need when you’re almost due. It can also increase the risk of your baby having a bowel movement while still in utero, and this can become quite dangerous. Safe ways of inducing labour;- Walking- Sex – Spicy food- Pineapple- Nipple stimulationAlthough ultimately your baby will come when h/she is ready. Good luck!
- I used virgin Caster oil on my face and left it on all night but now my face is feeling itchy and sore.?
- Q: It is suppose to be a great remedy for the skin and wrinkles. Am i leaving it on too long?
- A: Castor Oil, comes from Castor Beans… Used as a stimulant laxative, due to its irritant qualities… if left on the skin for a relatively short time, it won’t irritate it… you left it on too long. It’s hardly a remedy for the skin, and definitely not a wrinkle reducer. Instead, you might want to start taking Hyaluronic Acid. It’s great for the joints, and makes your skin really soft and reduces wrinkles. I’d suggest Jarrow brand… very good, and very cost effective. Take 2-3 capsules 2-3 times per day for the first two weeks, and 2 caps two times per day thereafter.
- has any one used caster oil to induce labour?
- Q: thanks for all your replies, I am due the 28th Dec so not looking at trying it yet but this is my 2nd child and I was over two weeks over due with my first baby I am in quite a lot of pain and find every day tasks difficult so just looking at some suggestion, from my friends. It seems to me that most people who try caster oil seem to go into labour within hours! looking over the internet there is no suggestion that it can harm me or the baby.
- A: there is no proof that its hurts the baby- some people say it will cause the baby to have a bm in the womb but there is no proof of that!i know of several people who have used or are going to use castor oil- it will cause you to go to the br a lot…and people hope it will get contractions started, but unless the baby is ready to come it wont work! i might try castor oil…but im going to try EPO first and other methods…good luck