What is ciprofloxacin used for
Ciprofloxacin is an antibiotic in a group of drugs called fluoroquinolones which are used to fight bacteria in the body. Thank you for using ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-ciprofloxacin-used-for ]
More Answers to “What is ciprofloxacin used for“
- A second-generation quinolone antibiotic, it is used to treat a variety of gram positive and negative bacteria. It is available in both IV and oral form.
- Ciprofloxacin is an antibiotic doctors use to treat a variety of infections. It is called a broad-spectrum antibiotic because if works at fighting many different infections.
- Ciprofloxacin is a quinolone antibiotic used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is Ciprofloxacin used to treat a kidney infection?
- Q: I’m taking it for a UTI and I’m just now starting to feel a dull ache on the left lower back area. I have no other symptoms other than the burning associated with UTI. Is this a kidney infection or just me over-reacting?
- A: It should take care of both. Make sure you drink alot of water to flush everything out. If you develope severe back pain, nausea, fever then call your doctor.
- What happens if I used Ciprodex (ciprofloxacin, dexamethasone) in my eyes??
- Q: I’ve already used it in my eyes, accidentally. I’m asking, what happens now? What side effects should I expect?What I used is intended for ears, a sample trial.
- A: Do not get Ciprodex in your eyesIf Ciprodex gets in your eyes, immediately flush them with cool tap waterhttp://www.drugs.com/cdi/ciprodex.htmlcall YOUR DOCTORREAD THIS FOR WARNING OF THIS MEDhttp://www.fda.gov/cder/warn/2007/Ciprodex_wl.pdfFOR MORE INFO http://a1008.g.akamai.net/7/1008/2226/dbaaa9c1365a58/ecatalog.alcon.com/pi/CiproDexOticSusp_us_en.pdfAlthough if not that much i would not panicbut just call and see if you need to do anything else
- can Ciprofloxacin be used to treat broncitis or strep throat?
- A: Yes!Remember the drug chosen depends on the likely germs causing the infection.Its not usually a first choice drug for that condition tho.