What is mucinex (expectorant) for
Mucinex Expectorant thins the secretions (mucous) that cause nasty side effects of congestion and thick sputum when a person is sick or suffers from allergies. ChaCha on. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-mucinex-%28expectorant%29-for ]
More Answers to “What is mucinex (expectorant) for“
- What is Mucinex Expectorant?
- According to the Mayo Clinic, guaifenesin is used to help coughs, clear mucus and relieve congestion in the chest due to a cold or similar illness. This medicine works by thinning mucus or phlegm. …
- What Are the Side Effects of Mucinex Expectorant?
- Mucinex expectorant, or guaifenesin, is an over-the-counter medication used to relieve coughs associated with upper respiratory tract infections. Though effective and safe, it does have some side effects. Frequency Side effects are generall…
- “Are there any coupon codes for Mucinex Expectorant”?
- “No coupon codes available for this item currently.” I haven’t managed to find any coupon codes for the Mucinex Expectorant at Amazon. It appears there aren’t any discounts available for this item at the moment. Please feel free t…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Has anyone used Mucinex Expectorant Tablets and do they work to loosen phlem?
- Q: Would like to know if these work and what you took them for. I have chronic bronchitis.
- A: Mucinex is a mucolytic medicine meaning that it breaks us the mucous making it thinner and easier to cough up. Water is the best mucolytic, thats why the doctor always says to drink fluids when you are sick.
- Mucinex expectorant…how well does it work?
- Q: I am stuffed up and have a sore throat…cough is deep in chest…will mucinex expectorant lossen it up and make it one of those crackly raspy coughs or what does it do?
- A: I LOVE MUCINEX!! Mucinex D is great for breaking up that nasty phlegm in your head, nose, throat, and chest. You will probably have to get it behind the pharmacy counter, as it contains pseudoephedrine. It’s what I always recommend.
- Can someone with walking pneumonia & severe cough take Mucinex with expectorant, or what do you recommend?
- Q: Diagnosis is Community Acquired Pneumonia, seems to also be known as Walking Pneumonia, according to internet research. Also, is Levaquin (antibiotic) good to treat this infection?
- A: levaquin is used to treat bacterial infections. if prescribed, take exactly as directed. keep your inhaler handy & follow up with your doctor.