What is RU486
RU 486, which is also known as mifepristone, is a synthetic steroid drug made from norethindrone, the active ingredient of-more? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-ru486 ]
More Answers to “What is RU486“
- What is RU486?
- Medical Abortion (brand name Mifeprex) is a form of early abortion caused by the combination of two medications, mifepristone and misoprostol that is an option for women who are 8 weeks pregnant or less. Also known as RU486 or medication ab…
- What is the generic name for ru-486?
- Mifepristone. Mifepristone blocks the actions of the naturally occurring hormone progesterone, which is necessary for pregnancy to continue…
- How does RU486 work?
- Mifepristone works by blocking progesterone, the hormone made by a woman’s body to maintain a pregnancy. After a medical examination to determine that she is less than seven weeks pregnant, the woman would take the pills. Then, after waitin…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Q: It works by blocking the pregnancy hormone progesterone and it stops the embryo developing inducing a miscarraige!!!i think this is a much more efficiant way of dealing with an unwanted pregnany – what do you thinkRU486 side effects: Feelings of queasiness or faintness for a short time Vaginal bleeding after about 12 hours Bleeding and cramping similar to a bad period – women who usually experience painful periods are more likely to have severe cramping Headache, dizziness, nausea, diarrhoea and chills (these may be experienced by some women who require the additional treatment with prostaglandin).you dont give birth to a live baby omg its an ebryo it will be about the size of a 20cent coin at the most (2.5cm by 2.5 cm) it wont even resemble a baby!!!!!after a couple days you get bleeding and the embryo passes through you go back to the doctors and they make sure everything has passed.
- A: The most efficient method is to use aneffective contraceptive in the first instance so as you don’t have an unwanted pregnancy – but I Know life isn’t perfect. So Yes, ru486 is better both clinically and medically than surgical abortion (D&C) with less risk and less side-effects.
- How tasteless is it to have a picture of a baby with the name RU486?
- Q: Do you think he/she/it has issues with babies and the miracle of life?
- A: I think this person is the sickest I have ever had the misfortune of running into on here. This person is hateful and nasty. Sad that a baby appears on the avatar. lets hope this person is not the parent or grandparent because according to this person his or her existence is not a right and this baby wasn’t a person till they made it all the way out their mothers womb.
- Did you hear the story in the news about the guy who put RU486 in his girlfriends food?
- Q: It was another of those cases in which the pregnancy was not intended and she insisted on having the child against his wishes. Rather than being tied to them forever and having to pay child support for 18 or more years he tricked her into an abortion. He was elated at his 1year jail sentence saying it was far more desireable than the alternative. So, what would you choose, a year in the slammer, or 18 + years of child support and a possible lifetime of having to deal with “Mama” ?
- A: I rather spend time in jail.