What is sibutramine
Meridia (sibutramine hydrochloride monohydrate) is an orally administered agent for the treatment of obesity. ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-sibutramine ]
More Answers to “What is sibutramine“
- Sibutramine affects chemicals in the brain that affect weight maintenance. Sibutramine is used together with diet and exercise to treat obesity that may be related to diabetes, high cholesterol, or high blood pressure. Sibutramine may also …
- Sibutramine affects chemicals in the body that are related to weight maintenance. Sibutramine is used as a short-term supplement to diet and exercise in the treatment of obesity. Sibutramine may also be used for purposes other than those li…
- Sibutramine (Meridia) is one of the new classes of appetite suppressants. It also works on the brain’s appetite center – making it think the stomach is full – by raising levels of seratonin, an important neurotransmitter in the brain. In cl…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is it safe to take sibutramine and minocycline?
- Q: I started taking sibutramine recently and wanted to make sure it wouldn’t interact poorly with my minocycline dosage. I tried looking online but haven’t had any luck!
- A: Yes but first see your health care provider for info mixing both of those medications before you take them and have a good day.
- How does sibutramine affects streetdrug (marijuana) user ?
- Q: I’m just curious to know if sibutramine contained in dieting pills can affect street drug user, such as marijuana. Is it seriously damaging to your body? And how does it effects you…(Full information and references appreciated)
- A: Go to your doctor is the best bet. You are legal right? The “street drug user” doesn’t sound like it…..
- I am 60 years old. ¿Can I use sibutramine to reduce weight?
- Q: I am a 220lb sixty year old male. I am taking sibutramine hydrochloride monohydrate capsules for three months now and I went down from 245lb to my actual weight. I should be 190lb. ¿Can I continue use this drug for three more months?
- A: Hi sibutramine is only supposed to be used very short term for weight loss or it usually leads to high blood pressure and other complications that can cause heart problems. My husband used it for four months and the side effects were worse than him needing to lose weight. He came off of it after our doctor said he had to, which should have been done much sooner. He now uses some supplements and products from shapeworks, which our doctor advised and he has continued to lose weight safely and steadily. He now uses their heart health products to keep him safe and make sure his blood flow is fine. I would recommend you either see your doctor or visiy www.myhealthabc.net, they give great advice and have helped both of us to improve our health. Good luck to you, I hope this helps.