What is sodium chloride when in an IV
Sodium Chloride is an intravenous (IV) solution used to supply water and electrolytes (e.g., sodium, chloride) to the body. It is also used as a mixing solution (diluent) for other IV medications. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-sodium-chloride-when-in-an-iv ]
More Answers to “What is sodium chloride when in an IV“
- How To Use Sodium Chloride IV
- Read and learn all preparation and usage instructions supplied by the manufacturer. Before using, check the product visually for particles or discoloration. If either is present, do not use the liquid. If any of the information is unclear, …
- What is Dextrose With Sodium Chloride (Dextrose/saline Iv) ??
- Check and see if we carry Dextrose With Sodium Chloride in our prescription list! How is Dextrose With Sodium Chloride (Dextrose/saline Iv) Pronounced? DECKS-trohss/SO-dee-um KLOR-ide Who is the Manufacturer of Dextrose With Sodium Chlor…
- How To Use Sodium Chloride 0.45 % IV
- This solution is usually given by injection into a vein or exactly as directed by your doctor. In some cases it may also be given by a slow injection under the skin. It may be given in the hospital or in the home.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- An order is received in the hospital pharmacy to add 60 mg of sodium chloride to an iv. the available supply?
- Q: is a 1/2 strength normal saline solution. how many mls of the 1/2 strength solution will be required. round to the nearest one hunreth.the rest of the question is above.
- A: Normal saline solution is 9 g NaCl per 1L H2O.Half strength would be 4.5 g/L.(60 g)/(4.5 g/L) ≈ 13.33 L
- How do you determine the amount of Sodium Chloride molecules on one liter of 9% Sodium Chloride IV fluid?
- Q: When determinig answer use Avogandro’s formula!Thanks Dr. A! I have researched the Avogandro’s formula all over the net, and no one had been able to explain it.
- A: We have 9 g of NaCl in 1 LMoles ) grams / molar mass = 9 / 58.442 =0.154Molecules = 0.154 x 6.02 x 10^23 =9.27 x 10^22
- 4. Calculate the molarity of NaCl in a 0.9 % (m/v) solution of intravenous (iv) sodium chloride.?
- Q: 4.Calculate the molarity of NaCl in a 0.9 % (m/v) solution of intravenous (iv) sodium chloride.
- A: grams of NaCl in 1 liter = 9.00 gmoles of NaCl = 9.00 /58.5 = 0.154 molthe solution is 0.154 M