What is the best and fastest treatment for a cold sore
Fastest medicinal route is by taking an anti-viral medication containing either penciclovir or acyclovir, which acts as suppressant to cold sore virus. A good home remedy is applying ice to infected area as soon as the tingling sensation appears. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-best-and-fastest-treatment-for-a-cold-sore ]
More Answers to “What is the best and fastest treatment for a cold sore“
- What is the best and fastest treatment for a cold sore
- Fastest medicinal route is by taking an anti-viral medication containing either penciclovir or acyclovir, which acts as suppressant to cold sore virus. A good home remedy is applying ice to infected area as soon as the tingling sensation ap…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What’s the fastest and Best OTC cold sore treatment?
- Q: It would be ideal if I could be freed from my cold sore by friday but I doubt something will work that fast so anything that works fast and anyother tips that help let me know. I want it gone A.S.A.P.
- A: Abreva
- Best treatment for cold sores?
- Q: Does anyone know what is the best and fastest treatment for coldsores? Im open to anything creams, pills, whatever. I just need something that works really fast and something that works really well. Please HELP!!! thanks in advance =)
- A: Once the cold sore has erupted, it will have to run its course. There is only one quick treatment for cold sores, and that is Valtrex, but unless you already have a prescription for it, it won’t work well for this cold sore. There is no over-the-counter medication or home remedy that cures cold sores, but Valtrex, which is an anti-viral medication, will make them go away much faster, and as a result of taking this medication you will have far fewer outbreaks of cold sores. It was intended for genital herpes, but cold sores are caused by the same family of viruses, and Valtrex stops colds sores in their tracks. None of the other treatments come close to the effectiveness of Valtrex, not the ointment Zovirax, and certainly not Abreva or anything else. Ask your doctor about it to see if you would be a good candidate for this medication. Many of us already have the cold sore virus dormant in our bodies, and never have a flare up of cold sores. We contracted it as children, as it is a very common virus, and children pick it up easily as they often share food and drinks, and may be less concerned about hand washing and hygiene. Cold sores can be transmitted even when the person does not have a cold sore, though it is less likely to happen then. These sites are informative.http://www.herpes.com/hsv1-2.htmlhttp://www.herpesdiagnosis.com/http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/tc/cold-sores-topic-overviewhttp://kidshealth.org/kid/ill_injure/aches/cold_sores.htmlhttp://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/9325.htmhttp://www.cdc.gov/std/Herpes/STDFact-Herpes.htmhttp://www.ashastd.org/herpes/herpes_overview.cfmhttp://chealth.canoe.ca/drug_info_details.asp?brand_name_id=1486&rot=4
- a fast cold sore cure?
- Q: i need a fast cure by tomorrow. nothing to buy! something at home! i dont want a link! i dont want you life-story. i dont give a damn what else you say that isnt a fast treatment. and i dont think i have a second for the freaking doctor cuz i want it gone by tomorrow w/o leaving the damn house. if i get crap answers your getting reported for abuse.so far, all the answers are pissing me off
- A: Hydrogen peroxide.