What is the generic name for Paxil
The generic name for Paxil is paroxetine. Paxil is used to treat depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and anxiety disorders. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-generic-name-for-paxil ]
More Answers to “What is the generic name for Paxil“
- What is the generic name for paxil?
- Paxil (paroxetine) Paroxetine is an antidepressant in a group of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). Paroxetine affects chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced…
- Do you think generic paxil works as well as name brand??
- I think it truly depends on the individual. Take the generic and see how it works for you. If it works then stick with generic. If generic isn’t working, then contact your doctor immediately.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Do you think generic paxil works as well as name brand?
- Q: I took name brand the 1st time and it worked really good but now i am on generic and was wanting to know if it should work as well?
- A: I think it truly depends on the individual. Take the generic and see how it works for you. If it works then stick with generic. If generic isn’t working, then contact your doctor immediately.
- Generic Paxil never worked why?
- Q: Because the name brand is what always did but generic? no…Just started back on Pax cr 2 days now and I quit my effexor 150 mg same time. Wonder what be happenen now.Has anyone ever heard of generic not working or is it just a psychological thing?
- A: SSRIs take about 14 days to become effective. Your serum levels won’t be clinical for about two weeks. Talk with your Psychiatrist.
- Problems with generic anxiety medication?
- Q: Has anybody ever had a weird side effect to paroxotine the generic form of paxil or any other generic drug . I took 10mg for about four days and it made me so nervous and irritated mostly nervous my blood pressure went to 165/93 .and i;m only 29. i was on the brand name paxil about four years ago a never had a side effect,even when i first started taking it.
- A: Negative emotions (like sadness, stress, anger, etc.) causes your Serotonin production to be low; when your Serotonin level is low, you are more prone to getting Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Depression, etc.Medication like Antidepressants (SSRI – Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor) helps to boost Serotonin level.But there are natural ways to do it without medication. There’s this strange herb called “St John’s Wort” – it is said to be more effective than Prozac. No, it is not for mild depression only and ignore those sayings. In fact, it does help anxiety and panic-attacks as St John’s Wort works like prozac. Other natural ways will be exercise, diet, more exposure to light, etc.The problem is that, even if your Serotonin is balanced… you have that “learned behavior” in your mind. You need to break that initial cycle to destroy that learned behavior – Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) does this. A technique that you can use without CBT will be Distraction… There are several other techniques to help cope them!Ok, to use Distraction: Firstly, try to….Extracted from Source.