What is the pill metformin used for
Metformin is an oral diabetes medicine that helps control blood sugar levels. Metformin is for people with type 2 (non-insulin-dependent) diabetes.Metformin may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-pill-metformin-used-for ]
More Answers to “What is the pill metformin used for“
- Can BYETTA be used with the thiazolidinedione + metformin combina…?
- Yes. BYETTA was studied in and is indicated in patients with type 2 diabetes treated with both a TZD and metformin. Patients who were already using a combination pill containing both a TZD and metformin were eligible to be in the BYETTA and…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- how long should diabetes pills be used?
- Q: my mother is 57 years old and is diagnosed with diabetes.She is using METFORMIN for 2 years and has lost 5 kg without reason and now she looks older and weaker.how long should she use this pill and what should she do to avoid loosing weight?
- A: you should have her consult her doctor. that is the safest bet (and really the only way to go about it) when talking about any kind of change in medication.
- PCOS treatments… The pill vs Metformin or other…?
- Q: 1. Is there ANY other way to manage PCOS without taking a birth control pill? And by manage I mean reduce acne and the tendency to form ovarian cysts. I’ve heard metformin works but has some side effects…2. Is there anything stronger than birth control to control PCOS… like if birth control doesn’t work… I’ve been on birth control and still gotten cysts and had a pregnancy a few years ago. And I was on Necon 1-35, using it like i should. Soo… Anything that works better than the pill, either instead of or as well as… Disregarding the need for birth control, what would you do? Thanks! =)
- A: I also have PCOS and I am currently trying to get pregnant. I am taking Metformin and it help the first month since then I have not ovulated. I don’t have any problems because my cyst are not large enough to bother me. If they are to painful you can try the Merania IUD. That may help it is not the pill. I don’t know it it will be right for you but you can talk to your obgyn. Also if all else fails you can have surgery to have them removed. (the Cyst)
- How long does it take to get pregnant WITH METFORMIN (1000MG) & CLOMID (50 MG -5 PILLS) WITH PCOS?
- Q: I WAS DIAGNOSED IN JAN 08. & I WANTED TO KNOW HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET PREGNANT USING THESE (METFORMIN (1000MG) & CLOMID (5 DAY PILL- 50MG) 1ST CYCLE.
- A: You are me to a “T”. I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and prescribed at first 500 mg and then increased to 1000. Let me tell you, that is some tough stuff. I also added the Clomid on top of all of that. I was so ill from all of it I wanted to quit. I hung in there and got pregnant my third month and then micarried. If I were you personally I wouldnt waste too many round on Clomid. My insurance at first wouldnt allow more than 6 rounds of anything and now I wished I wouldnt have wasted my time on it. Lets face it, the doctors have all the time in the world but we as women biologically do not. I went to a reproductive endo after I went back on Clomid and didnt get pregnant after 4 rounds. I started the injectibles (Repronex) which were NOT big deal and got pregnant the first round. While that is not typical and probably wont happen for me next time, I do have a 1 year old son. So hang in there. My advice is do not hang around on the Clomid too long. If you have been trying for a year you have every right to ask your doctor to go to a reproductive endocringologist where you are in great hands. I dont know, maybe that is where you already are. But ask about the injectibles. There are FAR less side affects and the Clomid didnt raise my hormonal levels high enough to produce a quality type egg thus the reason I miscarried. The injectibles did and I was able to keep the baby full term. Good luck and be your own advocate because no one else will.