What is Zyprexa used for
Zyprexa is used for Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder. Thanks for asking ChaCha! ChaCha again soon! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-zyprexa-used-for ]
More Answers to “What is Zyprexa used for“
- Zyprexa is used for the treatment of certain mental disorders.
- Zyprexa or Olanzapine is called a neuroleptic or an anti-psychotic. and is used to treat schizophrenia or acute manic episodes associated with bipolar I disorder. It’s exact mechanism is unknown but it is believed to work by antagonizing va…
- iGuard.org is currently tracking more than 2,400 patients that use Zyprexa (or similar drugs with the same active ingredient(s)). Use the table below to learn why iGuard users take this product; click on any underlined condition to get info…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Have any of you ever used zyprexa to help you quit smoking? Did it work, and what were the side effects?
- Q: My partner is a heavily addicted smoker who tried patches unsuccessfully. His doctor has now put him on zyprexa. I understand the history of the drug, and how it is supposed to work. I am interested in hearing from anyone who has used it for this reason.Oh dammit, it is Zyban. Gosh, slight difference, stupid me. Yes, Zyban – just checked the packet. Apologies to those who i have confused!He is starting to flip out on the zyban. Blurred vision, headaches, dizziness etc. Is this chantix drug available in australia??
- A: If he is having such a multitude of symptoms on the zyban he should stop taking it and call his doctor. As far as I know, studies still point to quitting “cold turkey” as the most effective means of quitting long term.
- Can someone explain what zyprexa is used for?
- Q: I have breifly read that it is for people with schizophrenia or bipolar. But can a healthy person like myself that has no medical conditions take it to gain weight or will it damage me mentally? I am 5’11” and weigh 67kg or 147lbs, I’m 27 and sick of being skinny and really want to have a nice looking build with a chest and biceps. What can I do without having to eat a lot of protein and carbs to gain weight/muscle…zyprexa or similar? or something else?
- A: My fiance was on Zyprexa for a short period of time. It didn’t really do anything but cause him to be more irritable. However, it can cause diabetes. One of our friends got type 2 diabetes from it. I wouldn’t recommend it, especially if you have diabetes in your family.http://www.rxlist.com/zyprexa-drug.htmAs for weight gain, steroids puts on a lot of weight in a short period of time.The best would be to buy some protein mix/shakes and drink them daily. Don’t overdo it. Protein packed shakes can help you gain a lot of weight and with exercise it can help you build lots of muscle. That’s what my older brother did.Good luck!
- What is the Zyprexa medicine used for and what kind of medicine is that?
- Q: I’m curious of it.
- A: … Zyprexa is used to treat the symptoms of psychotic conditions such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder (manic depression) in adults…..Zyprexa tablets, velotabs and injection all contain the active ingredient olanzapine, which is a type of medicine known as an atypical antipsychotic