What medicine do you get to help with stomach ulcers
Peptic ulcers are treated with antibiotics, two of which are used at the same time (most commonly, Metronidazole, Tetracycline, Clarithromycin and Amoxicillin). H2-Receptor antagonists and proton pump inhibitors may also be prescribed to reduce acid. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-medicine-do-you-get-to-help-with-stomach-ulcers ]
More Answers to “What medicine do you get to help with stomach ulcers“
- What medicine do you get to help with stomach ulcers
- Peptic ulcers are treated with antibiotics, two of which are used at the same time (most commonly, Metronidazole, Tetracycline, Clarithromycin and Amoxicillin). H2-Receptor antagonists and proton pump inhibitors may also be prescribed to re…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- what’s the best over the counter medicine to cure stomach ulcers?
- A: Have you been to the doctor? They have discovered that there are some ulcers caused by a virus (I think it’s a virus). They now have a mediation (it’s a prescription) that clears them up. Before you start self medicating you should see a doctor. I thought I had ulcers and so did my doctor. He was treating me for them. I moved to another state and got a new doctor and found out that my gall bladder had to be taken out. I was getting pancreatitis from small gall stones blocking my pancreas, it wasn’t ulcers. Go to a doctor.
- Suggestion for stomach ulcer medicine?
- Q: Well, here goes…I just found out I have a stomach ulcer. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the best medication is to take for this from experience? My doc prescribed Pepcid. Surely there’s got to be something better than this!
- A: Hi ROdamHere are some remedies to correct your issue.Causes of Peptic UlcerIn addition to bacterial and viral infections, peptic ulcer can also be caused by poor diet, food allergies, nutritional deficiencies, alcohol, smoking, and chronic stress. As mentioned above, various commonly used medications can also cause problems, especially asprin. In addition to aspirin, other NSAIDs linked to peptic ulcers include Advil, Clinoril, Feldene, Ibuprofen, Nalfon, Nuprin, Orudis, Oruvail, Relafen, and Tolectin. In severe cases of ulcer, internal bleeding can occur due to thinning of the lining of the stomach and/or intestines.Quick Action Plan for Peptic Ulcer1. Avoid all sugars, refined carbohydrates, sodas, milk and dairy products, processed foods, preservatives, artificial sweeteners (especially aspartame), corn syrup, alcohol, white bread and white flour products, pastries, and hydrogenated and trans-fatty oils, as well as all foods to which your are allergic. 2. Emphasize organic, fresh vegetables and non-citrus fruits, organic grains, as well as organic, free-range meats and poultry and wild-caught fish.3. Drink plenty of pure, filtered water throughout the day.4. Miso soup and strained vegetable broth, made from cooking down a variety of organic vegetables, are healing and easy to digest, making them especially valuable for any digestive problems.5. To reduce symptoms, eat small meals throughout the day, rather than following the traditional three large meals per day routine.6. Certain herbs have anti-inflammatory properties, which can help repair the lining of the stomach and intestines. The best herbs for this are Echinacea and goldenseal, aloe vera, cayenne pepper, chamomile, licorice root, and slippery elm.7. Therapeutic juices include raw cabbage juice by itself, or mixed with either carrot or celery juice; raw potato juice; wheatgrass juice; carrot, spinach juice; carrot juice; carrot, beet cucumber.8. Soothing baths two to five nights a week can help to relieve symptoms.9. If you smoke, stop, and also avoid exposure to secondhand cigarette smoke. In addition, learn how to effectively cope with and manage stress.10. If you are currently taking aspirin or other NSAIDs, consider replacing them with safer, more effective natural remedies.11. Nutritional supplements include vitamin A, beta carotene, vitamin C, and zinc, taken with a multivitamin/multimineral formula. Essential fatty acids, especial omega-3 oils, are also recommended, as are bismuth and the amino acid L-glutamine. Linseed oil can also be effective. It can be added to salads or over drizzled lightly steamed vegetables.Best of health to youCheers
- Medicine for stomach ulcer , sold in Japan?
- Q: Does anyone know any good over the counter medicine for ulcer, sold in Japan and effective?I know I have to visit hospital, but for now I have tons of work to do, therefore for now I can’t affod to begin serious treatment.
- A: I am not sure if drugstores sell any medicine for ulcer. Never heard of that. You better see doctor.But if the ulcer was caused because of pylori, LG21 yogurt may have an effect.LG21 was produced to kill or decrease Helicobacter pylori.Helicobacter pylorihttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicobacter_pyloriLG21http://www.lg21.jp/http://www.kenkosokushin.com/ikaiyou/003/ent5.html#01