What sexually transmitted diseases have a cure
Chlamydia, crabs, scabies, syphilis, and some causes of UTI can be cured. ChaCha again soon! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-sexually-transmitted-diseases-have-a-cure ]
More Answers to “What sexually transmitted diseases have a cure“
- Why is it important to avoid sexually transmitted diseases and to…?
- There are many sexually transmitted diseases, such as gonorrhoea, syphilis or ciamydia. If they are left untreated they can damage the sex organs, making it much more likely that the infected person will get HIV. Eventually these diseases c…
- Are sexually transmitted diseases curable?
- Some are, but not all. It all depends on what disease it is. Bacterial diseases can often be cured with antibiotics (like Syphilis or Chlamydia). They are not harmless though, some might cause permanent damage like sterility. Viral diseases…
- Which sexually transmitted disease cannot be cured with antibioti…?
- All of them. There are sexually transmitted infections, which can lead to a disease or be cured with pharmaceuticals. Sexually transmitted diseases or infections that become diseases often can only be made more comfortable, like herpes or A…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- If you had the power to cure all sexually transmitted diseases, who you do it?
- Q: Consider this quote:…the Christian Right is distorting the government’s relationship to science. One example is that we now have a vaccine for the sexually transmitted human papillomavirus, which causes cervical cancer, of which 5000 women die every year in the US. The vaccine, which can be given to girls at age 11 or 12, is safe and effective. Yet evangelical Christians at the Center for Disease Control and Prevention – political appointees – have argued that we should not use this vaccine, because it will remove one of the natural deterrents to premarital sex. Reginald Finger, who’s on the immunization advisory committee of the CDC, has said that even if we had a vaccine against HIV, he would have to think long and hard about whether to use it, because it might encourage premarital sex.If you worked at the CDC, would you promote the vaccines? Suppose we had cures for ALL STDs, as well as safe, reliable birth control. Would this change your views on premarital sex?The quote is from an interview with philosopher Sam Harris in the September 2006 issue of The Sun. He made this statement while referring to an article by Michael Specter in the New Yorker.Link to the New Yorker article by Michael Specter: http://www.michaelspecter.com/ny/2006/2006_03_13_bush.htmlOoopsss…the “who” in my question was supposed to be “would” so it should have read: If you had the power to cure all sexually transmitted diseases, would you do it?Ebemdpa: Your response reminds me of a joke I once heard. A town was flooding and trucks arrived to help people evacuate. One family refused to leave, saying that God would help them. As the flood waters rose higher and higher, the family climbed up on their roof and prayed for God to save them. A coast guard boat arrived. The family refused their help, saying that they had faith that God would save them. The flood waters kept rising and soon a helicopter arrived and lowered a ladder, but the family refused to climb because they were still convinced that God would save them. Eventually they drowned and went to heaven. They were curious and asked God: Our heavenly Father, why did you forsake us? We prayed and prayed, but you let us drown. God shrugged His shoulders and said: “I sent a truck, a boat, and a helicopter. What more do you want?”
- A: I am a strong proponent of giving people the choice to have open, healthy sexual relationships, and therefore I believe that making both the vaccinations and birth control available is an important step towards a more healthy societal attitude towards sex and sexuality. The “economics of scarcity” that surround sex are, imnsho, completely unhealthy and ridiculous.
- What are the medicines that can cure Sexually Transmitted Disease?
- Q: are there any prescribed or over the counter medicines that can help prevent STD’s?
- A: To prevent STDs= CONDOMThe only curable STDs are the bacterial ones which are cleared up with antibiotics:Chalmydia= azithromycinSyphillis= penicillingonhorrhoea= ciproflaxcinThe rest cannot be cured.
- does penicillin cure sexually transmitted diseases?
- A: Penicillin is usually used only for syphillis. Other STDs are treated with other antibiotics. Pencilllin is a major allergy problem for many people so isn’t used routinely anymore. And in the case of syphillis, the penicillin must be given as an injection or intravenously…oral penicillin does not get the job done.Also, keep in mind that not all STDs can be cured. Some like genital herpes are forever.