Where does aspirin come from
The name comes from a = acetyl, spir = Spiraea, a genus of plants which makes SA, and in = a common suffix for medicines. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/where-does-aspirin-come-from ]
More Answers to “Where does aspirin come from“
- WHERE DOES ASPIRIN COME FROM?
- Acetlysalicyclic acid, the main ingredient in all aspirin compounds found today, is a derivative from the group of drugs known as the Salicylates, whose origins lies in the naturally occurring compound salicin. It was discovered by the Gree…
- What is Aspirin?
- What is the most important information I should know about Aspirin? Return to top Aspirin should not be used during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless specifically prescribed by a doctor. It may cause problems in the unborn child or com…
- What is Salicylic Acid Used For?
- Salicylic acid is a peeling agent, or keratolytic. It causes shedding of the outermost layer of dead skin from the epidermis. Salicylic acid is commonly found in over-the-counter acne medications, wart removers and dandruff treatments. Stro…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- When aspirin is put into NaHCO3 it lets off a gas. What is this gas and where does it come from?
- Q: I need a chemical reaction for where it came from please.Sorry I’m a bit new to this Yahoo questions…here is a link to the chemical formula of aspirinhttp://easydiagnosis.com/articles/images/aspirin.jpgI need to know the reaction ,if possible, of where the gas came from. Judging by the last answer, I’m assuming the gas is carbon dioxide.
- A: HCO3- liberates H2CO3 when mixed with an aqueous acid. This then decomposes to water and carbon dioxide.
- Spoiled aspirin emits an odor. What does this odor smell like and why? Where does the odor come from?
- Q: I need answers to all three questions please.
- A: spoiled aspirin will smell like vinegar. This is because aspirin is acetyl salicylic acid. In old aspirin, the acetyl group comes off and forms acetic acid. Vinegar is simply really diluted (watered-down) acetic acid. So old aspirin has a vinegar smell to it.
- Why does spoiled aspirin emit an odor and where does it come from?
- A: Aspirin is a sodium salt of acetosalasylic acid. In humid conditions, the ester link is broken and acetic acid is formed.