Why does it hurt when you put lemon juice in your cut
Lemon juice contains citric acid. When citric acid comes in contact with an open sore it burns. ChaCha again! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-does-it-hurt-when-you-put-lemon-juice-in-your-cut ]
More Answers to “Why does it hurt when you put lemon juice in your cut“
- Why does it hurt when you put lemon juice in your cut
- Lemon juice contains citric acid. When citric acid comes in contact with an open sore it burns. ChaCha again!
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What would happen if you out lemon juice in a wound? Multiple times?
- Q: I know someone that cuts themselves and puts lemon juice in them. She is clinically depressed and does that. I don’t want her to do it and I implore her to stop but she doesn’t listen to me. She does it annyway. I’m afraid it might cause her to fall very ill and die. So, can someone tell me if it can kill you or if it just hurts like a mother?
- A: Nothing bad except it hurt and burns terribly. The lemon juice is not the problem. The cutting is the problem. Cutters frequently get life threatening infections and dont’ get them treated because they don’t want anybody to know. If you have a friend who is doing this and you are keeping her secret, than it is all on your head. You know, therefore if you do nothing, the result is your fault. Lemon juice has never been the issue. It is a safe substance. But the fact she is hurting herself now may lead her to be a very disfigured adult, or even to commit suicide. Tell.