Why is it when you break a bone and you go out in the cold and it hurts
Chronic pain can be caused from bone fractures. It can be made much worse by environmental and psychological factors. It lasts for a longer period. than acute pain and is resistant to most medical treatments. However, cold can reduce inflammation. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-is-it-when-you-break-a-bone-and-you-go-out-in-the-cold-and-it-hurts ]
More Answers to “Why is it when you break a bone and you go out in the cold and it hurts“
- Why is it when you break a bone and you go out in the cold and it…?
- Chronic pain can be caused from bone fractures. It can be made much worse by environmental and psychological factors. It lasts for a longer period. than acute pain and is resistant to most medical treatments. However, cold can reduce inflam…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why does a broken bone hurt when it’s cold or before it rains?
- A: its called a barometer when it gets cold or it rains the pressure changes and you can feel it, people who get shot and older people usually get this its just the change in pressure sometimes u can feel it otherwise but when the bone is more sensitive you feel it better.
- I have a broken thumb. Its healing ok and you cant notice anything but when my hand gets cold it HURTS. Why?
- Q: The thumb looks ok on the outside but is fractured/broken. Ithe the 1st small bone in the left thumb. When my hand gets cold, it hurts alot, otherwise its just sore which is what id expect it to be as its still healing but i i didnt expect it to react badly to the cold.
- A: It hurts because the circulations is not as good now and the muscles/tendons have likely been damaged. Remember that cold aids with inflamation and heat is to help heal. So soaking it in warm water at night will help ease it into a better recovery.
- Pain where I once broke my bone when it’s cold and wet?
- Q: Hi, when I was 6, I broke my bone close to my knee, I’m now 22 years old and sometimes when it’s cold and wet the area where I once broke my bone starts to hurt really bad. Does anybody know what causes it and anything I could do to improve it?
- A: You can have muscles that have never released all the way and when you get a weather change it makes them tighten up and create the pain you are having. You have to get that muscle released all the way once and see if that helps. Here is what to do:Go to the area where the pain is happening. Press right into it and hold that pressure there for 30 seconds. Then release the pressure and see if that helps. One last thing you can do that I didn’t put in there is before releasing the muscle make an extension of it, get it stretched out as best you can then release the pressure but hold that muscle in that stretched mode for 30 seconds longer.