Are there over the counter tapeworm medicines for cats
Panacur – C: (fenbendazole) is used to treat tapeworms. It’s an otc medication and is in powder form to be mixed with food. ChaCha [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/are-there-over-the-counter-tapeworm-medicines-for-cats ]
More Answers to “Are there over the counter tapeworm medicines for cats“
- Are there over the counter tapeworm medicines for cats
- Panacur – C: (fenbendazole) is used to treat tapeworms. It’s an otc medication and is in powder form to be mixed with food. ChaCha
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why is my Kitten Shedding his Eyebrow Hair and is bolding around the forehead area?
- Q: Hi I have a 8 week old kitten that I rescued from being euthanized at a shelter when he was 5 weeks old. I bottle feed him KMR until he was weaned and recently took him to get his first round of shots (Fvrcp) and seconding deworming 4 days ago. He also had tapeworm so I bought the over the counter tapeworm tabs for him since the Vet at Petco was all out and followed the vet’s instruction on dosage. He had a very big wormy tubby and now the his belly is smaller than before. I never saw any worms coming out of his butt or poop since he has been deworm and taken tapeworm medicine so I’m wondering if he is actually internally better with the worm situation because I don’t see any dead worms coming out (tape nor round worms). I also trimmed his whiskers and eyebrow hairs a few weeks ago and noticed today that all of his eyebrow hairs have shed off. And I’m so worried because it looks like he is balding around the eyebrow area and around his forehead. I don’t see any skin but the area has less fur than before and less than the rest of his body. He had one little piece of white hair on his eyebrow left and I checked it and it came right out without any force. I dont’ know if its because of his medication or because of the worm infestation. He was very depressed and tired after the vaccine which is typical for a cat and we left him alone to rest during that time. Im not sure if he’s stressed because he is very very well taken care of and played with by my roomates and I and is very used to our prescence. We spoil him pretty bad. And he seems to still always be hungry even though I feed him small meals a few times a day like the vet told me to. So there is two questions:-Why is there no dead worms in his stool? Does he still have worms?-Why is he shedding fur around his forehead and all his eyebrow hair?
- A: Your kitten needs to see the vet. It’s possible that he may have ringworm. Ringworm is a fungus infection of the skin and should be treated by a vet. Ringworm is contagious to other pets and humans.If you are lucky it’s not ringworm and your vet can help you with your questions about worms and his diet.Good Luck and thanks for taking such good care of this little guy!