Best way to get rid of a migraine
Taking OTC migraine medicine, extra riboflavin, and removing yourself from light and noise are possible cures. ChaCha for now! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/best-way-to-get-rid-of-a-migraine ]
More Answers to “Best way to get rid of a migraine“
- What is the best way to get rid of a migraine
- Some people can eliminate migraine by avoiding specific food chemicals such as caffeine, the flavor enhancer MSG and aspartame!
- How to Stop a Migraine
- ･ 1 At the first sign of a migraine grab an ice pack out of the freezer. It doesn’t have to be anything… ･ 2 Make sure you eat a couple of crackers and grab a can of caffinated soda – cold. Eat a little something… ･ 3 If it’s cool outsi…
- What the best way to get rid of a migraine head ache?
- Eating healthy definitely helps prevent them…too much coffee or sugar will affect your head and cause too many fluctuations in health, causing your body to react. Massaging your temples can help, or sitting in a quiet & completely dar…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- what the best way to get rid of a migraine head ache?
- Q: what the best way to get rid of a migraine head ache without medication?
- A: Eating healthy definitely helps prevent them…too much coffee or sugar will affect your head and cause too many fluctuations in health, causing your body to react. Massaging your temples can help, or sitting in a quiet & completely dark room for a little while can calm things down. Those are never fun…good luck!
- best way to get rid of a migraine withOUT medication?
- Q: I have heard of things like drinking peppermint tea or rosemary tea, does anyone know which one work better or does anyone know of any other home remedy or medication-free way of getting rid of a migraine? Thanks
- A: The best thing you can do for a migraine without medication is take a hot shower, drink ice cold water w/ ice in it, get into your pajamas , turn on the heating pad and close your eyes in a nice dark, quiet room & sleep. Good Luck!
- What is the best way to get rid of a migraine type headache w/o prescription meds?
- Q: Ice/Heat? Motrin/Aspirin/Tylenol? Benedryl?Anything tried and true would be very much appreciated.I think it’s a Migraine triggered by bad weather today. It’s in one side of my head (temple/eye/forehead) and neck. Thanks.
- A: I suffer from migraines so I understand. My doctor had suggested (it works) that I alternate running cold and then hot water over my head. Obviously not hot enough to cause pain, but as hot as you can safely handle it. The doctor explained that with a migraine the blood vessels clamp down and cause the head ache. With the hot and then cold water it tricks the blood vessels into expanding and contracting. Also try alternating between NSAID and Tylenol. On is for pain the other helps with inflammation.You are right about the weather, mine are triggered by the pressure dropping or raising fast. Finally I don’t know if you have read any of my other answers (I am a chronic pain sufferer). But one thing my pain management Doctor has me do, is use rice socks. All you do is buy cheap regular (not instant) white rice (uncooked) like two long socks with the rice, to the firmness you like. Tie a knot in the end of the sock. NEVER get the sock wet. Then put one in the freezer and you can heat one in the microwave for no more than 2 minutes. Apply these alternating to the back of your neck or forehead or actually any where you are experiencing pain. You can use them over and over and over. If you experience frequent migraines there are some good medications being prescribed that prevent migraines. God Bless and Hope you feel better soon. ReggieR