How do people get high off of cough syrup
It’s possible get high by drinking large doses of any OTC medicine containing dextromethorphan (also called DXM). ChaCha-On! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-people-get-high-off-of-cough-syrup ]
More Answers to “How do people get high off of cough syrup“
- How do i get high off cough syrup?
- What I do ( I drink it every day) is go to the dollar store by my house get this **** called tussin dm it is generic for robitissin then I go buy a Arizona tea the 99 cent tea in the tall cans and drink all of it or dump it out either or pu…
- Can you get high off of cough syrup?
- Not with the kind you buy over the counter. In any case, it is certainly not a smart practice. If you do feel strange, it’s probably the sugar and other things they put in cough medicines to lighten the flavour. Not true, both Adult Robatus…
- Can i get high off of cough syrup ?
- This is incredibly dangerous. Do not do it. My roommate in college drank cough syrup and was out of commission for several days. Of all the ways to get high in the world, please do not choose this one.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How do people get high off cough syrup?
- Q: Robitussin for instance, how do people get high from that? Is it just if you take enough? Do you get close to overdosing when trying to get high from Robitussin?anyway, I guess what I am asking is …how much of a cough syrup are you supposed to take?Can you die from it if you are also taking anti depressants or whatnot?(no i am not planning to do it). I just hear a lot about this and got curious so don’t lecture
- A: There’s a chemical in cough syrup called DXM and in large amounts it can make you high. How much you take is dependant on your body weight and on how high you want to get. People that enjoy getting high off of DXM say that you can’t overdose, which is untrue. A kid my boyfriend used to be friends with died of a robitussin overdose just a few months ago. And drinking large quantities of cough syrup is really, really awful for numerous organs in your body. Just because it’s technically legal doesn’t mean it’s safe, most illegal drugs are much safer than chugging robitussin. And it’s dangerous to take if you’re taking MAOI’s or SSRI’s I believe.
- how do people get high off cough syrup?
- Q: Robitussin for instance, how do people get high from that? Is it just if you take enough? Do you get close to overdosing when trying to get high from Robitussin?anyway, I guess what I am asking is …how much of a cough syrup are you supposed to take?Can you die from it if you are also taking anti depressants or whatnot?(no i am not planning to do it). I just hear a lot about this and got curious so don’t lecture.thanks peter.and believe me, I will not be taking anything lol.except my anti depressants.
- A: While i’m kinda reluctant to answer this based on some your subsequent questions (in particular the one regarding anti-depressants) i’ll give it a shot. There’s certain over the counter cough medicines that are in the same class of drugs as the dissociative hallucinogenics ketamine and PCP. This class are referred to as NMDA receptor antagonists.These NMDA antagonsists have become an interesting area of research for scientists studying schizophrenia, as people observed under the influence of these drugs display the same symptoms as a patient suffering from schizophrenia. As such I feel describing people as ‘getting high’ off of these cough syrups is very misleading – the experience has been described as feverish and unpleasant, with the high doses of cough syrup often leading to nausea and vomiting in people who have experimented with it. On top of that, a drug that is known to imitate the effects of schizophrenia (such as paranoia) should NEVER be taken by someone who has a history of depression; these drugs can have a very negative impact on their depression and could cause a breakdown.Hope this helpsx
- Getting high of off cough syrup?
- Q: okay, im not thinking about trying this cause i know its not good and it could hurt me and stuff.. but im really curious how exactly people get high off of cough syrup? do they drink a whole lot of if? or whats the procedure?
- A: Ive done this, you dont really get drunk and only certain types of cough syrups work. I dont reccomend doing this but if your set on doing it you should probably have some background information. DXM is the ingredient in cough syrup that “gets you high” It isnt really a drunk feeling but more of a floaty sensation. You also feel pretty heavy which is odd since you also feel like your floating. Id reccomend trying robitussin as it has the most dxm. Also the pills are a very easy way to get a precise dose and also contain dxm (the robitussin pills). Enjoy the robo trip~ Eric.