What can i do about a painful ulcer on the side of my tongue
Avoid abrasive foods and acidic and spicy foods to help prevent canker sores. To alleviate pain use OTC medications or mouthwash. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-can-i-do-about-a-painful-ulcer-on-the-side-of-my-tongue ]
More Answers to “What can i do about a painful ulcer on the side of my tongue“
- What can i do about a painful ulcer on the side of my tongue?
- Avoid abrasive foods and acidic and spicy foods to help prevent canker sores. To alleviate pain use OTC medications or mouthwash.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Small growth under my tongue?
- Q: Last night, i was eating and all of a sudden i felt a sharp pain go down my jaw, 1 side of my mouth was then very painful and could not swallow anything. Nearly directly after this, i felt something under my tongue, like an ulcer. I looked at it in the mirror and i saw a large tentacle like growth under there which came from under my mouth. It starts off really fat and large and then gets thinner, i also noticed a small white spot on the end of it.What is this growth? I am very scared as whenever i eat something, that side of my mouth goes so sore and i can swallow anything. The gland under my mouth on that side is swollen also. I did have glandelar fever about a month or so ago if that helps with your answer.
- A: Hello, the more likely issue is that you have a stopped up saliva gland…As a rule this will take care of itself …However if you feel swelling and tenderness directly under your lower jaw where it connects to the neck line, that would indicate you may have instead a lymph gland issue. Have you ever had the Mumps ? While having the Mumps doesn’t display as a sore or swollen gland inside the mouth and under the tongue, it doesn’t mean that two conditions could be going on at the same time…I’m leaning towards it being a saliva gland issue…but checking in with your Dr would be the wise thing to do. Good luck and I wish you well.