What is an otc medicine
OTC stands for over the counter. Medications such as Motrin, Tylenol, Robitussin, Sudafed, Advil and more are all OTC medications. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-an-otc-medicine ]
More Answers to “What is an otc medicine“
- What is an otc medicine
- OTC stands for over the counter. Medications such as Motrin, Tylenol, Robitussin, Sudafed, Advil and more are all OTC medications.
- What is a good OTC cough medicine?
- “I had a cold and the hacking cough lasted nearly a month…” Usually, my regular cough medicine is Vicks 44…I used to really like Vicks 44-D (decongestant) but now they have the Vicks 44 multi symptom. I found that I got a lot …
- Can I take an over-the-counter (OTC) medicine instead of my presc…?
- Never take an OTC medicine in place of a prescription one that is needed to treat your asthma. Although you might be able to use some OTC decongestants and antihistamines in addition to your prescribed medication, always check with your hea…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Can I buy an OTC medicine with codeine in the US?
- Q: I am looking for an OTC medicine containing codeine that can be bought in the USA. I have read that certain states do allow it to be sold, but I don’t know which ones. Does anyone know which ones do and what the brand and medicine that contains codine are?
- A: Unfortunately, no you can’t. The strongest analgesic you will find in the states is aleve.Anything stronger you have to get a prescription for it.I miss being in Canada for that reason. If I had a toothache I could go straight to the pharmacy instead of spending $150.00 going to a doctor.
- I have an annoying sore throat. What is the best OTC medicine to take?
- Q: I don’t have a whole lot of symptoms, just a slight sore throat, some body aches, but nothing serious. I want to be 100% for the weekend. I have had this since Wednesday.
- A: you can gargle with warm water, 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of baking soda to 1 cup of warm water (not too hot). do it like 2 to 3 times a day and you’ll see the difference. Or if you can’t gargle the whole cup do half. Also for body aching I took Ibuprofen and it helped. But seriously the gargle thing worked for me. Also I tried with listerine and it sort of worked but try to get the kind that doesn’t burn your throat. Hope this information helps.
- If an otc medicine is NOT behind the counter, is there an age limit to buy it?
- Q: Basically what the title says. I want to go to walmart to buy robitussin, but idk if they will stop me at the registers. I have bought caffeine pills with no problem (maybe because i could pass a college student). im only 15 though, will they stop me, even if it isnt behind the counter?
- A: Depends on where you go.. some employees ID you, some don’t. Around my neighborhood they got real strict with any otc meds and require an ID in order to purchase it. Most employees don’t bother with it though and just sell it.