What is the best medication for fever blisters
Docosanol 10% cream (Abreva) is the only OTC topical product that is known to decrease healing time for a cold sore when applied at the first sign of recurrence. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-best-medication-for-fever-blisters ]
More Answers to “What is the best medication for fever blisters“
- What is the best medication for fever blisters
- Docosanol 10% cream (Abreva) is the only OTC topical product that is known to decrease healing time for a cold sore when applied at the first sign of recurrence.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How long does it take for a fever blister on your lip to heal & what’s the best medication to use?
- Q: I accidentally used a friend’s carmex lip balm and 2 days later a fever blister appeared on my lip. What is the duration time for a fever blister & what is the best medication to take? 🙁
- A: From beginning to fully gone, it can be up to 2 weeks.For over the counter try Abreva and keep it moisturized so it doesn’t crack.Then to be prepared for next time, ask your doctor for a prescription of Valtrex. Its the same stuff they use for genital herpes, but it works excellent for lip sores. But you have to use it right away when you start to feel the tingle. That’s why you need to have it on hand. With Valtrex, the sore probably won’t even show up at all when used promptly.Then don’t share Carmex anymore 😉
- What is the best treatment for blisters developed in the throat?
- Q: I am a healthy person. One night I was eating plenty of hershey kisses and I noticed later I began to have a fever and blisters developed in my throat. I’ve taken medication and rested a lot. The fever has gone but the blisters are still there. I can’t talk, eat, or drink. What is the best treatment for this?
- A: Here’s a good website that describes what you may have:http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/UVAHealth/peds_dental/aphthous.cfm
- best thing to do for a cold sore or fever blister?
- Q: where dothey come from how do you get them how do you get rid of them. What are the best medications or at home remedies?
- A: they can pop up from stress. it is a virus and once you have ONE, you can always get them. one over the counter vitamin that helps is L-Lysine. i used to have to take them every day or i would get a cold sore. take those every day, twice a day till it is gone. there is also an ointment that you can buy…abreeva.