What is the best OTC pain medicine
There isn’t much of a difference between your choices between Acetaminophen (Tylenol, Aspirin Free Excedrin), Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs; aspirin, Motrin, Aleve and Orudis KT) or Topical Corticosteroids (Cortaid and Cortizone). [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-best-otc-pain-medicine ]
More Answers to “What is the best OTC pain medicine“
- What is the BEST OTC medicine for sinus pain, pressure & head…?
- Google neti pot. This is a container for rinsing out the sinuses through the nose with warm saline water. Sounds nasty but it’s easy and not uncomfortable to do. Might take once to get used to it. I had a girlfriend whose family had a histo…
- What is best OTC medicine for sore throat pain?
- Cloraseptic. It comes in form of a lozenge or throat spray. It comes in different flavors also. It has a numbing effect, plus contorl the pain and any coughing also. Avaiable over the counter at most pharmacies and of course Wal-Mart!
- What OTC medicine works best for sinus pain, pressure, congestion…?
- HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT(s) FOR SINUSITIS / HEADACHES / MIGRAINES (Without any side effects or complications) :- SINUSITIS :- Right sided frontal sinusitis; discharge thick, yellowish; worse by cold,damp and exertion Penicillinum 30X or 200X, …
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What is the BEST OTC medicine for sinus pain, pressure & headache?
- Q: I’m looking for something that really breaks up the congestion & relieves headaches. I’ve been having a lot of sinus problems lately & don’t have insurance & I can’t afford to go to a doctor.
- A: Tylenol cold & sinus always works for me
- What is the best otc medicine for severe chronic knee pain?
- Q: I have a shattered kneecap and have had 40% removed, a ruptured patellar tendon, a torn acl. I also got M.R.S.A. and it deteriated my prepatellar bursa so now my skin is healed directly to my tendon. I have a screw in my tibia, femur and a screw in my patella to hold my patella tendon in place. They used a 10mm graft of my hamstring tendon to replace my acl. I hurt everyday and never sleep because of it. Can someone please help?
- A: Hi- Do you go to a Pain Management Clinic for this ongoing problem? I would STRONGLY suggest you do this, as ur injury/surgery deems a good pain management program. I would advice 800 mg Ibuprophen every 6 hours- Thermacare to get down to the core of ur problem, but, MAN, this needs a pain management program. This is something that will be forever a problem, and arthritis will set in, too. I have Chronic knee pain, NOT LIKE URS, go to a Pain Management Clinic, and get injections of long lasting anti-inflammatory agents, along with prescription medications due to my 20 year injury. Here are a few sites below- Also, elevate ur knees @ rest, try knee braces- GOOD KNEE IMMOBILIZERS- and call ur Doctor in the meantime. I would suggest you have a talk with the Orthopedic Surgeon who performed ur surgery! Good luck to you!
- What is the best home remedy or otc medicine to relieve extreme tonsil swelling and pain?
- Q: ok, every time i get sick my tonsils get very painful and swollen. it usually only lasts 2-3 days. its now been about 8 days and i can barely swallow water it hurts so bad. I’ve been taking amoxicillin for about 3 days. i have tried every cough drop, throat lozenge, and spray my drug store has to offer. any advice would be helpful. thank you
- A: Suck on ice chips, wrap an ice pack in a towel and place it up around your tonsil area, stick your head in the freezer and inhale the cold air for a couple of minutes. Anything cool temperature-wise that you can do directly or indirectly will help with the pain and swelling.