Can you have cramps that feel like your about to start your period but actually be pregnant instead
Some women might feel cramping as soon as seven days after they ovulate. This cramping is called implantation cramping. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-you-have-cramps-that-feel-like-your-about-to-start-your-period-but-actually-be-pregnant-instead ]
More Answers to “Can you have cramps that feel like your about to start your period but actually be pregnant instead“
- Can you have cramps that feel like your about to start your perio…?
- Some women might feel cramping as soon as seven days after they ovulate. This cramping is called implantation cramping.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Some Baby Dust advice based on personal experience…?
- Q: Some Baby Dust advice from the “trick-or-treat” mom!!!!?When I was growing up, I had very irregular periods. I wasn’t sexually active, but I went 9 mos one time without a period (obviously not pregnant). I was actually very irregular until I got married.(and started having sex). But because of my irregularity I was very worried I wouldn’t be able to have kids.After we had been married for 8 mos, we started trying to have kids. We were only 20 and 21 when we got married. And then 20 and 22 when we got pregnant with our daughter!We were seperated during the day and overnight because of some military training I was in. But as soon as school was out, I’d jog over to his hotel, and we’d get busy, several times in each sitting. I’m not trying to be too graphic, I just feel that if you hear about someone getting pregnant from so much sex, you won’t worry about replenishing sperm…granted low sperm count isn’t an issue. So, within a month, we were pregnant.After my daughter was born (7mos ago) I went on birth control. Definitely didn’t… Additional Details24 minutes agowant another baby that soon! But, in the first week of October, we started trying to conceive. I was really nervous because I really wanted to get pregnant fast! and since I’d never been on BC, I was worried about how it had affected my fertility. That’s how I found this Yahoo Q&A thing. And I started doing research. I found this GREAT product called PreSeed. It’s a lubricant like KY, but It’s made to support sperm activity. In case you don’t know, KY can create a barrier that hinders the sperm, Don’t try to use it as a contraceptive, but if you aren’t TTC, It’s a great product….Cheaper to. But the PreSeed was well worth it. I must have bought about 12 tests in the last month!! I started to “feel” like I might be pregnant around the 12th of october. So, I started testing. I came back negative. Then, on the 24th, I decided to just get a blood test done. Negative.Then, on the 30th, I was supposed to get my period. Nothing. So, on the 31st, I tested. I had a very strange result..19 minutes agoI kind of saw a second line, but it was a “ghost” line (spooky on Halloween huh?!?! LOL) I posted a question “Trick-0r-Treat?” and got alot of good responses that prompted me to retest last night. It came back positive!!!! Hubby got home at 3am and told me to test again when I showed it to him (since 5hrs had elapsed). SO, I did. Same Positive. I got my blood drawn this morning and I’m waiting for the official word, but 3+ seem pretty sure to me.So, I want to share my experience, the symptoms I’ve had and hopefully help some of you out there.Don’t worry about trying the numbers game, “when do I ovulate…” Just try to relax, and have sex everyday, as long as mr. sex doesn’t have a low sperm count.Try the PreSeed instead of your usual lubricants. and heck, what would it hurt to try propping your legs up on the wall??And don’t get discouraged when theres a -, it might just be too early. Oh, and you don’t have to spend more than a $1 on an HPT to get an acurate result…14 minutes agoSymptoms I felt:VERY gassy, whic is actually a symptom I didn’t have with my daughter.Tender during sex. and some mild cramping.Slightly swollen breast, shooting pains when I got into the freezer section at the store, and my left breast leaked a very tiny bit of colostrom…I did just have a baby, but haven’t breast fed in 5 mos.Fatigue, headaches.LOOSE stool. some women get constipated. I’ve had some easy poops!On one day, I had some period like cramping (about 12 days before my period was due) It only lasted about an hour, but then it when away.Slight waves of neausea at no particular instant.A craving for spicy food.Irritability. I’m a very touchy, feely person, but my husband is a little less so. We went to a club for my birthday (we don’t drink, don’t worry…) And we were Grinding on the floor, and he was rubbing his hands on my sides, and it was irritating me. I couldn’t understand why.I did have just a quarter size of blood one time when…11 minutes agoI went to the bathroom.very keen sense of smell.I think that about covers it. Like I said, I see so many questions on here and I just want to share my experience and hope it helps someone out.Good luck, God Bless, and Lots of Baby Dust for you all!!!Mom of 1 and one in the oven!!!
- A: Thank you for sharing your experience. I have never been pregnant, but would like to be soon, and I’m always looking for advice and others’ experiences. Good Luck to you and your family! God Bless!
- Depo Provera problems, during and after, now am I pregnant?
- Q: I have been on continuous birth control since January 2007 for control of cramps from endometriosis. My doctor put me on LoEstrin24Fe, and I simply skipped the placebo pills and started the new pack each month. It was supposed to stop my bleeding all together, and some bleeding would be normal the first few months while my body adjusted. After an entire year of having bleeding off and on every week, my doctor still said this was “normal.” I switched doctors in Jan.2008 knowing it wasn’t. My new doctor said that the low hormone dosage of the pill I was taking could have caused the irregular bleeding, and it just wasn’t enough for my body. She recommended the Depo Provera shot which would be “consistent dosages of hormones” for three months. WELL…I loved the shot the first few months, and didn’t have hardly any bleeding after the first two shots (over a 5 month period)! After the third shot, however, I had some bleeding off and on, but usually not until about 3 weeks before my next shot was due. I decided to stay on it, and got my shot on December 19, 2008. The bleeding stopped for a couple weeks after the shot, but then over the last few months I bled non-stop! I could handle the bleeding, although my fiance was getting a little irritated :-/, but I also began have terrible sores on my face. Not pimples, but almost like burns. I ultimately decided not to get my next shot that was due March 13th, and instead made an appointment with my doctor for March 19th to come to a decision about what to do next. Unfortunately, when I had called to find out when my next shot was due, the girl in the office gave me the wrong date, telling me I wasnt due until the end of march. Thinking I was covered, I had unprotected sex several times after March 13(when my shot was actually due). At my appointment on the 19th, the doctor did a pregnancy test, which came up negative, as I assumed it would since 6 days wouldnt be enough time to test positive. Not sure if I believe her, but she said that Depo stays in your system for weeks after your shot is technically “due,” and that it was almost impossible I could be pregnant. I didnt think much of it since about an hour after walking out of her office I got the first cramps I had had in two years, and then the bleeding of an actual period. I took it as a sign that I was not pregnant, and the bleeding ended about a week later. Because my doctor said it would probably take 6-8 months to have an actual cycle again, I’m worried that the Depo may have been out of my system too early since I was already having bleeding and some cramps before my doctor apt. I havent had a second period yet, but based on what is considered a “normal” cycle calculating from the last day of the last one, it should be around April 20th-ish, give or take a few days. Does anyone know if it is possible it “ran out” too soon, or sooner than expected? Has anyone gotten pregnant after missing a shot by a few days or a week?Sorry for my life story, but one more thing. I have had unprotected sex a few times in the last few weeks since the bleeding ended from my last period. I am fully aware that it is POSSIBLE to get pregnant almost ANY time you have sex, and very likely if you don’t use protection. In the last week or so, I have felt very nauseated and tired. Sometimes I cannot eat enough, and then others I can’t stand to think about food.f food. Over the last week, my breasts have swollen to the point where I cannot wear ANY of my bras, and they feel really heavy, sore, and sensitive to any touch, almost like a bruised achy feeling. I know these are all symptoms of pregnancy, but I have also heard of Depo having the same effects when coming off of it, except those people have not had a period in weeks or months since their shot was last due. It hasn’t been long enough to take a pregnancy test since the last time I had sex, but how am I supposed to know when “the first day of my missed period” is if I don’t even know if I have an actual cycle back yet? Thanks for taking the time to read! …I’m just tired of doctors not giving me a straightforward answer!!
- A: I think it’s just from coming off of the depo shot, because I’ve had sore boobs on it as well. I took the pregnancy test twice and both times it was negative.
- almost 32 wks, and have a few questions…?
- Q: i am going to apologize now for this question being so long…but please read all details before answering. thanks!I am almost 32 weeks pregnant and have been having a watery, sometimes almost snotty like discharge that is a straw or brownish color. it does not really have an odor, and it has greatly increased in qauntity over the last few days. Is this my mucus plug? I have heard that some women lose it slowly instead of all at once.Also, I know that you are suppose to have some back pain, and I have had very minor back pain for a while, but it had been easily relieved with tylenol or a warm bath, and now I have constant lower back pain on both sides that reaches all the way up my back. My usual methods of relief have not been working, and it is no longer intermittant, but all the time.Also, a few days ago I began seeing small streaks of pink when I would go to the bathroom, but I haven’t had any in a day or so.Was that the “bloody show” I hear about?Yesterday the baby really started moving. normally she is always on my left side, but it felt like she was turning because I could feel her head in my right side(it was really round) and now I no longer feel her head, just a heaviness. I used to feel her arms and legs moving on my right side, but now they are in the middle of my ribs, very near, and sometimes actually in my ribs. Does this mean that she has settled into the position for birth?I’m not sure if I am having braxton hicks contractions yet, but my stomach tightens up and it gets so hard I can’t even push in on my stomach at all.Also in the last two weeks I have been rushing to the bathroom at least every 15 minutes with the urge to go, but either I am unable to go or I only pass a small bit of urine. Is this what they mean by feeling the added pelvic pressure that is supposed to be a precursor to labor?And now for a part that may be a bit TMI, and I do apologize…For the last two days I have been having Very loose bowel movements like diarrhea, and I was told that that also happens before labor begins…I never have a problem with loose stools, so this is unusual for me.Starting today i have been having minor cramps like when i get my period, and they sometimes feel like sharp shooting pains, and they are mostly one sided(the sharp ones anyways)And last but not least, I have been feeling alot of pressure in my vaginal area, in fact it hurts most of the time, and I have alot of rectal pressure, like i need to move my bowels, but can’t. niether one hurts that much when i am sitting, but when i get up, it hurts very bad.Is this all signs that i am going to go into labor soon? I really appreciate all of your help and answers, not to mention your patience in reading this.
- A: Since you are only 32 weeks you really need to give your OB/gyn a call. Progressive contractions, and change in mucous alone constitutes a call. Yes, diarrhea can be a sign of labor and your body cleaning it’s self out preparing for labor. The feeling of having to urinate then not being able to is a symptom that there may be blockage there or you could have UTI. It may even be a kidney infection since you have the back pain. IF it was only back pain it could simply be a sciatica nerve but that combined with the urge to go I wouldn’t be so sure. The pelvic pressure is normal but if it feels like the baby is going to fall out (as some women describe ) you need to go in as this is a sign of pre-term labor. Really I wouldn’t mess around, try not to worry but at the same time be aware of all the changes. Your baby can become “engaged” with his or her head positioned at this point yes, but they may not stay that way. You may notice a decrease in movement as they have less space. You still should feel however small, 10 movements every hour in resting. It’s too early to go into labor so you need to call. Best of luck and blessings 🙂