Can you take a pregnancy test if you’re on your period
You can take a pregnancy test while on your period. But it is unnecessary. If you have your period you’re not pregnant. ChaCha [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-you-take-a-pregnancy-test-if-you%27re-on-your-period ]
More Answers to “Can you take a pregnancy test if you’re on your period“
- You can take a pregnancy test while you are having your period, however, it will probably not be as accurate. If you think you are pregnant then you should wait until after your period to take a test.
- Many women would assume that having their period meant that they are not pregnant. And strictly speaking, it does. However it is possible to have spotting (implantation bleeding) after conception. A pregnancy test should be just as reliable…
- They don’t look the same and not everyone has implantation bleeding. If you did experience it, it usually lasts no longer than a day and is very light….typically more brown in color. I’m sure you could take a test while you’re bleeding an…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- when you take a urine test at a doctors office, will it show up if your pregnant?
- Q: if it was a check up for a UTI (urinary tract infection)? i know that they can tell by that, because thats why you have to pee on a pregnancy test. But will it show up as an infection or will it show up as you’re pregnant? i would think it would show up as your pregnant, because on the antibiotic that im on it says that you should not take if your pregnant or may become pregnant, but im still not sure. any one know? just adding in, i dont think im pregnant because ive had 3 periods since i thought so first. i thought i could be pregnant sometime in january, or february. but the periods were only like 3 days long, and one was really heavy. and the most recent one i had lasted longer than 3 days. but, with having 3 periods since then, and im not showing..im guessing that means im not right?
- A: They test it for pregnancy also. Pretty much anytime you go to the doctor for test and you have to give a urine sample, they test for pregnancy. I highly doubt your pregnant.
- I know with home pregnancy tests the earliest you can take it is 5 days before your missed period, but…?
- Q: What if you’re on birth control? Then can’t you still have a period and be pregnant? And if you have signs of being pregnant, but it’s a couple weeks til your period, would it matter to take a pregnancy test early? Or would the results be incorrect anyway?
- A: I fell pregnant on birth control pills, I was on the 4th day of my pack when i realised that I didn’t get my normal bleed. It took me that long to notice because I was sitting my final exams for my degree at the time. Best to wait until you have missed your ‘period’ as this would indicate a pregnancy. But if you are on birth control why do you think you are pregnant? THe chances are pretty slim, I’m pretty sure I must have mucked mine up at some point and that is why it happened for me!You can however take a pregnancy test up to 5 days before your period is due (first response early test I think) but it will tell you on the packet that if its negative it might not be accurate, so it is best to wait until you actually miss your period!
- I hope I’m pregnant! Do you think I am?
- Q: Hey guys. I’ve been pregnant before with a set of twins… but sadly, emotionally, unfortunately, “heartbreakingly” I miscarried them both one by one. During the whole pregnancy I had bleeding not knowing I miscarried the first baby in early pregnancy. Although I am up to getting pregnant again!! So… my fiance an I have been trying our best 🙂 I’ll let in the details. The first day of my last menstrual period was.. January 9th of 2009. It is February 5th 2009. I have indeed been feeling pregnancy symptoms like tender breast, frequent urinations, umm.. I’m sick at the moment.. I’ve been feeling a bit of “moring sickness” I took a nap today for a few hours woke up feeling weird in the chest and esophagus area like I want to puke but not really. I don’t know if it’s just from my cold.. I caught an awful cold it’s a chest cough stuffy nose thing. They are very similar to my past symptoms but it does feel a bit different. I can only notice my breast are a bit tender when I squeeze them. Also, I’m not too sure if stating I’m sick has anything to do with being pregnant although I’m assuming it’s because I’ve been told your immune system isn’t as strong as normal when your pregnant. If me being sick and taking Robitussin is a bad thing, and I should go to a doctor PLEASE LET ME KNOW! 🙂 I’ve been starting to take my prenatal vitamins already. I just want to make sure I have the right amount of folic acid for my baby if I am pregnant. Experiencing another miscarriage would be devastating. I have experienced some “Implantation spotting” too -hopefully it’s not my menstrual period- Since yesterday on February 4th 2009 I may have had some on the 3 and 2. I might have not noticed it. The bleeding is very light pink and it’s an on and off kind of thing. I went to the bathroom and whipped and it looked as though there was watered down blood. I put a liner pad on and nothing really got on to it. During all of this in the hopes of being PREGNANT!! I’ve been feeling different around my abdomen ect. I just had an instinct of “Yes! I’m pregnant :)” If you know what I mean. I’m sure many women can relate to the instinct of knowing or thinking your pregnant. But at times I think maybe I’m so excited that I may be over joyed, and end up not pregnant. So… if you have any information you can give me, tips ect. LET MEEE KNOWW! I would totally appreciate you taking your time to answer this awful LONGGGGG question 🙂 Also, my normal menstrual period should be coming around in 4 days normally. When do you think I should take my pregnancy test? Did I mention I’ve been experience a lot of short term memory?? Lol It will be great hearing from you all soon!! I will be waiting on replies. Please only reply if you know what you’re talking about. Thanks!! xoxoxxoxoI’ve also been experiencing dehydration. Like I need to drink more water, but I think it’s from my cold 🙂
- A: Well your period its kind of late there is a 70%chance that you are pregnat. Sometimes thinking too much about whether your pregnant or not it driving you crazy just dont stress too much . good luck!!